Thursday, April 14, 2005

Addiction

OK, it is official. I am addicted to the internet.

My service went down April 12. I called the provider, and nothing could be done until a technician came out today April 14. Actually, something could have been done. It was just too coincidental the problem was with my system, while at the same time the provider was having "unrelated problems". Oh yeah, and the technician who came out yesterday because of a bad transformer on my block. Oh noooooo! That had nothing to do with my problem. And the fact that my neighbor across the street had the service call scheduled right after mine. No...couldn't be related. All they needed to do was bounce (I think that is the term) the signal, relocate my modem etc. Could have been done there. No need to come out. I got confimation on that on when the technician came here. And mind you, I KNEW this was what was needed. I asked 3 different idiots at the service line to do that. But NOOOOO! They needed to send someone. BS!!! Anyway, done with my rant.

But being without service dramatically brought home my dependency on the internet. I was literally a walking zombie. Use a phone book to find a number??? Do laundry all day? Scrapbook a page and just leave it alone...without uploading???

So I commit to spend less time online. Right after I catch up on all that I missed LOL!

1 comment:

ZeeLV said...

Laundry all day?!? What are ya, nuts?? So glad you're back online girl!