Monday, April 11, 2005

New Foo!!!!!

4/25, new Foo single "Best of You"! Woo Friggiddy Hoo!! I have been jonze-ing for some new Foo. The rock scene is never the same without a steady influx of Foo Fighters, although in recent months there has been some good music.

My current faves: (Foo & Nirvana are always at the top of the list)
The Killers
My Chemical Romance (Thanks to Cory for turning me on to this)
The Jets
Modest Mouse

And of course...the new Nine Inch Nails!!!! Oh that was sweet to hear NIN with DAVE GROHL on the drums. Please please, I pray, give me a video that shows my Dave drumming. When I first saw Queens of the Stone Age "No One Knows", and there was Dave.....ahhhhhhh. He is THE drummer of my generation. And yes for all of you young folk, he is MY generation. Dave is 1 year and 14 days younger than me. Kurt Cobain was 10 months and 10 days older than me.

I actually had a kid at work (Chase Bank then) make some comment to me once about, "Wow, I didn't know anyone of YOUR GENERATION listened to that music" WHAT!!!! I was one of those desperate souls who was drowning amidst that sea of hair and Aquanet that was 80's rock! UGH! What a sad time in rock history. When I first heard the drum intro to 'Smells Like Teen Spirt' I was hooked. And all of those groups were made up of guys my age or older. SO THERE.

And yes I know that Taylor is the drummer for Foo....but Dave will always be the man for me!

1 comment:

ZeeLV said...

What the Foo?!? LOL!!

The other day, my son had to write a report for his English class. Topic? "My Favorite Band." He chose Godsmack, of course. When one of his buds happened to see his notes he mentioned that he liked Godsmack too and his favorite song is "Voodoo." When my son told him that was one of his mom's favorite songs too, his friend told him that his mom was cool. Whaddaya know? I'm still cool. :)