Anticipation
These are the things I am looking forward to as of today:
The release of the new Foo Fighters double album-there is one single already released, but I am anxious for the whole tamale. One disc is hard driving metal, the other is more mellow. All you need from Grohl. (Well not all I need, but that is an unrequited issue that will never be resolved.)
The release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: Oh man oh man oh man! I am getting the shakes waiting for new HP! I pre-ordered on Amazon and it will be at my door on the day of release. New HP's always come over the weekend though which kinda sucks. I never have the book done before church! I got smart with HP5. I took a church-y novel, removed the cover, switched it with HP and read in church. Friends behind me saw what I was doing and died laughing! Then I got really smart and gasped in surprise just as there was a lull in the talk. The speaker looked right at me!!! I was sooooo embarassed. But I kept on reading. It was Harry Potter after all.
And on that note...The release of HP and the Goblet of Fire movie: Ralph Feinnes as Voldemort!!! (the T is silent BTW! most people don't know that, but it is per JK herself) We make a day of it. Go to the biggest screen in the valley. Take our kids and their friends. Cory the dudes don't sit near us, and they may not go to this one. But that's cool. I'll still have fun!
The release of The Lords of Dogtown: this one is for Cory, but I wanna see it too. I LOVED the documentary Dogtown and Z-Boys about this awesome groundbreaking skateboard crew. If you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it. Even if skating isn't your thing. It's just well done. And the movie coming out is based on the same story, but fleshed out and with actors. Must See!
summer vacation: not sure where we will go yet. Barry is talking about the North rim of the Grand Canyon because of a Scout trip there this August. This has potential. We have also talked about Las Vegas, which would give me the chance to meet Zee. I am also thinking about Utah. Hey! It just hit me!!! All of these are possible as a total trip!!! YEAH BABY!! I'm gonna start planning this one! We did this trip once before actually. We got Willy out of it. Yes, Willy came about in a tent at Lake Powell. I know more info than needed.
Sleeping in: this is my favorite part of summer! I hate getting up in the morning!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I am sure there is more to look forward to. But these are the ones on my mind right now!
2 comments:
Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas!!! :) We can go geocaching if you like. That is, if we can survive the 110F summer. Oh, and did I mention...Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas!!!
Your vaction plans sound fun!
Thanks for the laugh & the great post!!
Post a Comment