Saturday, June 11, 2005

3AM

It's 3am here. I wish I could say that the kids were asleep. 2 are. 3 are not. But hey....2 + 3 = 5. Yes my weekend son is here. Actually, he is probably asleep too. I crack up whenever I see him all zonked out, and my younger kids are still awake. My kids have inherited my inability to sleep. While I was working at Chase, I SLEPT! I had to with a 5am shift. Now I am back to my normal schedule. Sleep, anytime after 1am usually. And the kids are right there with me. Our internal clocks are just totally out of whack. Then I went and married Barry who's sleep habits are even more screwed. I remember when I was young, I thought that I would have to have a night job to survive. Well, I have had night jobs. And the WEIRD part....When I work nights, I get really tired. Really early. Go figure!

My dh's favorite web community has just changed their format so that the forum now looks just like the one at SBB. And dh keeps coming in here to tell me all of the neat new features. I am guiding him through the defaults, settings, etc. He is so excited. Just like a kid with a new toy! LOL! And now, he needs an avatar. So I am going to see what I can come up with. His ID is dbcooper (like the hijacker) so he wants me to do a plane, a parachute, and Mt St. Helen's animated avatar. I think we will start with a nice picture first though :)

And why Mt St Helen's? Because, DB Cooper's money was covered when it erupted. I saw a documentary on the subject. They found some of the money, under some ash and mud, It had washed downstream from the likely jump site. And the likely jump sites and surrounding areas were all covered after the eruption. Pity huh?

But...Was DB Cooper there? I believe not. I read a book, written by a former FBI agent, with a possible identity for the real DB Cooper. He was a nice Mormon boy living in Provo named Richard McCoy. He was arrested for another similar crime, but never positively id'd. He died when he attempted a prison break. The story was convincing.

It would be nice if I had some sort of editing feature for my random thoughts.

I should really go to sleep.

1 comment:

janna said...

You are a ture night owl!
I feel asleep watching a movie on HBO, oh my heavens, I woke up to a really bad----bad---- show on at 3 am.... lol

As For DB Cooper, it was a big thing in Oregon too. Mt St. Helens is 1hr and half from my parents house.

Have a good day & try to get to bed early! Maybe around 1am