Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Hip Hip Hooray!!

So much is right with the world today.

SBB is almost 100% up! The forum came up last night, The galleries should be up tonight! I have seen so many people writing about not realizing how much time they actually spent on SBB until it went down. Me too! Even though my time spent recently consisted of mostly quick glances due to the volume of work I have had...I still spent a lot of time just checking in and looking. Of course, work has slowed down for the last week....coinciding with SBB being down. What are the odds?

Which brings me to the next thing right with the world. I woke up late today (11am) after going to bed late (430am). My dh was not around. The car was gone. An hour or so went by....no dh. I didn't think he would be working since I had scheduled no appraisals for him. So I called him. He was working!!!??? He finally took the plunge and officially began working for someone else. I knew he was going to. And I knew it would be soon. But I was surprised to find it was today! Which means??? I will do a few appraisals for him here and there. But life will get back to normal here for the first time in 3 years. With Mom (me) for the most part being a mom again. And Dad (dh) leaving the house each morning and coming home at the end of the day. The only drawback I see is that my dh may be too tired to cook. And he has taken over that duty since he is a better cook than I am.

Not that I am a bad cook. I am actually a decent cook. But my dh is more of a chef. And he enjoys it.

And finally...I have gotten off my sorry, lazy rump and made strides to conquer Mount Washmore. It will take a week at minimum (yes it's THAT bad), My mountain was quite literally a mountain. Or rather a range of mountains in various rooms throughout the house. But I am also weeding out all of the torn, stained, and too small clothing that the kids have outgrown, or that I was saving in hopes of being a size 5 again which will never be. That way, maybe..just maybe..I can keep it under control.

Today is a good day!

2 comments:

janna said...

Dena,
I have the PILES in everyroom too! I am ashamed to admit it. & It is really bad now that school is out. I cannot get anything finished, so I start another pile in another room!

Congrats to your DH and the new job!

Hugs
Janna

ZeeLV said...

Oh, I'm SOOO grateful that my DH does the laundry! The routine is on Fridays I sort the laundry into the separate piles and then Saturday mornings HE does the laundry. I'm such a lucky girl! :)

Life IS good, isn't it? Congrats on the Bear's new job.