SPOILERS!!!!!
EDITED 7/22/07 to add this: I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
WARNING!!!!!!
If you do not want to read spoilers. Then go no further!
I MEAN it!!! I am going to give theories and spoilers!
ok, If you are still here, it's because you want the HP spoilers. I take no further responsibility!
Ok.
Question #1. Is Dumbledore really dead?
Yes, he is simply, irrevocably, undeniably dead. Harry knew this when the charm holding him immobile was released. There was no question. Also, Dumbledore's picture on the wall in the headmaster's office, and Fawkes leaving Hogwarts (he would not leave if Dumbledore was coming back) are sure signs that he is really dead. Furthermore, Dumbledore would NEVER fake his death. It would hurt too many people too badly. Now, that said, none of this means that Dumbledore is GONE! If nothing else, that picture on the wall is going to be just as animated as the others. I am quite certain that we have not heard the last of Dumbledore.
Besides, he is an integral part of the next question.
Question #2. Did Snape really betray Dumbledore?
No. And I have many reasons for stating this. First, when Narcissa Black first goes to Snape to ask his help, Snape was already aware of the situation with Malfoy. I feel Snape would have gone straight to Dumbledore upon learning of this plan. Dumbledore would have immediately insisted that his sacrifice was necessary to save the lives of Malfoy and his mother. Snape was free, and had Dumbledore's consent to make the unbreakable vow. Dumbledore didn't fear death. He would have been more than willing to give his own life to save another. And in doing so, he would also save Snape. Snape will now have "proven himself" to Voldemort, thereby putting himself in an even better position to aid the Order of the Phoenix. All of which, Dumbledore would have found to be more important than his own life. I feel that the conversation Hagrid overheard between Snape and Dumbledore was not what it seemed. I think that Dumbledore was reminding Snape that it was crucial that Snape kill him when the time came. Think of Dumbledore's instructions to Harry, urging him to do what he had to without arguing. It was essentially the same conversation with Snape. If Dumbledore had died from the poison in the cave, then Harry did would have done the EXACT same thing as Snape. And that was: follow Dumbledore's orders. Since Dumbledore was unafraid of death, he was not pleading with Snape to save him, but rather he was pleading with Snape to kill him as required. The hatred and loathing on Snape's face was not directed at Dumbledore. It was at himself for what he must do. Second, when making his escape, Snape made no effort whatsoever to aid the Death Eaters. His sole purpose was to get Malfoy out of Hogwarts safely. He didn't even attack Harry, when Harry attempted to do a Cruciatis Curse on him. He merely deflected the spells. He even saved Harry from the other Death Eaters. Now, it is true that he could have been saving Harry for Voldemort. Why then, with Dumbledore dead and gone, why not just stun Harry, and remove him to Voldemort? That would have been it! All over! And Snape would have been monumentally rewarded. Snape only attacked Harry after he lost his temper. Why did he lose it? Because he really hates Harry. Yes. And Because Harry was making the getaway difficult. And even then, Snape simply slowed him down, rather than "really" hurt him. Third JK Rowling has stated that the movie version of POA shows scenes that are crucial to the end of the story, but were not included in the book. Watch very carefully when Lupin attacks the children. What does Snape do? He automatically protects them. He puts himself between the children and the werewolf. At that moment, he is willing to give his life, to protect these children he dislikes so intensely. Alan Rickman, the actor who portrays Snape, has been given information about Snape from JK. He (and she) are the only ones who know this. I think Alan Rickman was acting on this information. Snape is not evil. He is a nasty hateful git!!! But he is not evil, and he did not betray Dumbledore.
Therefore, Dumbledore must come back in some form to exonerate Snape.
Question #3. Who is RAB?
I believe it is Regulus Black. But the more important questions are: Who was with Regulus when he stole the locket? And Where is the locket? Ok, I'm going out on a limb here. Snape was with him. I cannot explain why I feel this. But when I was re-reading the final chapters and making notes, I just knew it was Snape. I may be totally wrong.....but I'm sticking with this theory. And where is the locket? Well it WAS at 12 Grimmauld Place. It was the locket from book 5 that no one could open. Where is it now? Mundungus Fletcher stole it, along with all of the other Black heirlooms. A search will be required.
EDIT!!!!! No, it has been brought to my attention, that if Snape knew where the locket was, and that he had removed it...he would have told Dumbledore. So then....who helped RAB?
Question #4. Who warned the Potters that Voldemort was after them?
Hang on to your hats!!! It was....Snape. He was truly remorseful, regardless of his hatred for James, and as an act of contrition, he was the one who tried to save them. When Dumbledore was trying to explain to Harry why he trusted Snape, Harry cut him off. Dumbledore never finished his sentence. I feel the next words from Dumbledore would have stated this information.
And Question #5. What is the final horcrux?
I really hope that I am wrong about this. What if it is Harry? What if it is in his scar? All of the connections to Voldemort, could be because the 6th piece is part of Harry. What if Harry has to die to kill Voldemort? I admit, I don't know how the logistics of this would work, but oh my! If this is correct, the final book will be devastating.
Well, these are the major questions that the book has raised in my mind. Other passing thoughts: Peter Pettigrew=silver hand, Remus Lupin=werewolf. I hope that is wrong! I would hate to see nasty little Wormtail take out Lupin in the last book. Ron & Hermione--About time!!! Harry and Ginny-I have said for a long time, she is his equal. She has the talent, the strength, the bravery. She is Harry's female equal, and they belong together. I hope that if Harry survives in book 7, that he and Ginny live happily ever after and have many children...all well-loved by their parents. Hey! It's not for nothing that she resembles Harry's mother so much :) And finally, Malfoy. Dumbledore gave his life to save Malfoy. This is significant. Just as it is significant that Harry saved Wormtail. There is a blood debt there. This will be VERY important in book 7.
Well, sorry to have posted this much. But I needed to get it out, and get it down in writing in order to process it!!!
3 comments:
Well, Dena, I agree with you on somethings and not on others but that's the fun of hearing differing views. :) I have real trouble believing that Snape didn't betray Dumbledore. Everyone in the Order will believe he did so how could he ever truly help them again? I'm with you on Regelus being the mysterious RAB. Though I'm wondering if he's alive or dead. No just another 2 years or so for real answers. LOL
Finally, someone else I can talk to about this!!!! :)
I agree with you about Snape - that killing Dumbledore was more important to his mission. I'm wondering now if Malfoy is going to be killed off.
I have trouble believing he is dead! Maybe I've watched Lord of The Rings too many times and think of Dumbledore like Gandalf. But I can't help think of the Phoenix that always rises again and all the references to it, and really hope he'll come back.
I immediately thought of Sirius's brother too - hadn't thought that someone would be with him but there would have to have been for him to get it. I also thought that it could be hidden at the Black house - but didn't pick up on the amulet! Good point!!!! And I also thought that the last one could be Harry - it makes sense that part of his soul would be in him and that is why they have the connection. Dumbledore also mentioned that he had planned to create his last horcrux the night he killed Harry's parents.
When's the next book coming out???? I can't wait!
Great theories... I just finished all but the last chapter last night and was holding back the tears (as not to give anything away to my son who hasnt finished it yet) and I cant read the last chapter till he does cause I promised him he could finish it 1st..
Your theories are good and once I get full access to the book i will have to read deaper into it but I hope that Harry doesnt die in the next one.. I would be so crushed and very much upset at JK..
Post a Comment