Weekend of Celebration
This has been a big weekend for us! Yesterday was mine and Barry's 13th Anniversary. We chose to do...Nothing. But we CHOSE to do it and had a good time! We had Emily supervise the downstairs, and we went up to our room and read, watched a little TV, talked, laughed, snuggled. And it was really really really nice, Em made cookies for the kids, made corn dogs for dinner and popcorn chicken for lunch for the three of them. I came down to check on the kids from time to time. It was just so relaxing. If I can't do Vegas, I'll do nothing!
Today, we haven't decided which 4th celebration we will do. We usually go to the airport, and park at the top of one of the parking garages. You can see the celebrations from all over the city. By the 2nd year we did this, people had caught on and it was getting crowded. But we get there early, take our little hibachi-type grill, take some hot dogs and melon. We share our melon slices with those parked near us. Or we may drive to a small town near us for a smaller, less crowded festival. Who knows.
Happy 4th everyone and I will be back leaving comments later! (I am so behind!)
3 comments:
Happy 4th of July, Miss Dena. Glad you guys could enjoy your anniversary, Vegas or no Vegas, heehee. Interesting about parking at the airport...surprising really, what with Sept 11th and all. Here in Vegas, they'd consider that loitering. Nope, not gonna try it...I DON'T need my photo taken in jail, thank you very much. :) Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment