This Really Makes Me BOIL!
All dog lovers.....read no further unless you are prepared to get really angry!
Around 1:00 this afternoon, I heard my dogs going nuts in the back yard. Since we have neighbors doing construction projects, this in not unusual and I thought nothing of it. Even though they kept barking, it was pretty standard for my pups.
At 3:15, Em walked in the door from school, and announced that a dog was in our yard! I went outside to find a black pit-bull mix pup chained to a fence in our yard. With no shade. And no water. It was in the high 90's today. The dog had a tag with the dog's name and the owner's address and phone number. The address and phone number were no longer valid for the owner. This person, knowing that it's impossible to get rid of a pit bull without having it put down, just dumped him here! I appreciate that they didn't want to have the animal killed, but how freaking humane is it to just dump the dog off, and with no water!!!!
Well, I can't keep this dog. I have 2 large dogs and 4 kids. Plus, as much as I like pit bulls, I am not going to put my kids at risk with an unknown pit. There is only one pit bull rescue in Arizona, and they are in Tucson. I sent them and email application, explaining my circumstances and asking their help in finding a home for this dog. I am also putting up flyers and putting an ad in the paper. In the meantime, Spike has been crated to keep him from fighting with the other dogs. He appears to be a pit/lab mix, and has some very nice qualities. But he has shown some aggression off and on. My mother wants me to put the kids first and send the dog to animal control, but I will only consider this as an absolute last resort. Whatever comes, he has to be gone within the next week, because we will be going to Disneyland, and I am not paying to have this dog boarded.
I would love to find the owners. I have a few choice things to say to them! Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to own pets!
No comments:
Post a Comment