Wednesday, December 28, 2005

In Due Time

LOL!!! Ok....here are the details...

I don't qualify for aid. Barry earns too much, but because we are self employed, we haven't been able to afford insurance. We have many pre-existing conditions and it has been difficult. The whole reason I went to work for Chase Bank last year was for insurance. We actually can afford insurance now, but even if we have it...they won't cover maternity for a year. So I have a pay-plan through the hospital. It's a special plan for un-insured women or women with high deductables. I make a down payment now, and then a monthly payment for 6 months. It's actually not too bad, and the hospital is very good. I would have chosen this hospital regardless because of the good things I have heard about it. It's smaller and caters to labor and delivery. It has private family birthing rooms and all of the amenities. I am pleased to be going there. So all is well :)


I am due August 18th, but if a c-section is done, then it will be earlier. Cory was my previous c-section. I was doing some reading and found that prostaglandins should never be used to induce labor on a woman with a previous c-section. Daisy was induced that way! Yipes!!!! I think the c-section sounds pretty good to me!!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

lol~Ok. Ok. You've spilled it:) Sounds like you've got it all under control~great job!! Aug. I'm with Becky~stay in the AC~I had a July baby and about died! Repeat sections aren't too bad. T Had to have all 3 of mine that way~they wanted me to try with Hannah until the end when they measured me and her via sonogram and said it was a NO GO~she was a little gigantic;)
Oops!! Just thought of something you haven't told yet;) How'd the kids react?? Have you told them yet?

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, D. *hugs* We have this crazy self-employment insurance, too, and we couldn't TTC (not that we have yet, but...) until 6 months after the ins. started or they wouldn't cover any pg costs.

love, me <><

janna said...

Forgot one....

do you want a BOY or a Girl?