1st Visit with the Doctor
I had my first visit today. I started with the office people who are in charge of the money and contracts and policy. They told me, as a level 1 hospital, "We do NOT do VBAC's under any circumstances." And I signed the contract and paid for a c-section.
Then I was with the nurse practitioner who told me, "That's ridiculous. You have had 3 VBAC's. There is no reason to for you to have a c-section." So now I am confused. I have already paid the higher down payment and contracted for a c-section. And since I want to have a tubal ligation anyway, I am still going to have to be cut open. But...If I have a VBAC....I may not do the tubal. I was just going to do it because I thought I was having a c-section. Following this??? Or are you just as confused as I am. So, I am going to give this some serious prayer and consideration. If I do the VBAC and then have a tubal, it will cost almost as much as the c-section. And if I don't have the tubal, then I am still at risk of another pregnancy. And yes....I am considering it a risk. I am thrilled with this surprise pregnancy. But I would like to avoid further possible surprises. Especially since I am getting older each day. I just found out that my friend Mary is pregnant with her 9th. And the baby has Down's Syndrome. Wow! Sobering. I know my chances are higher, but I am not dwelling on that as it is still unlikely.
But other than this LOL!!! I liked the office. I liked the staff. I think once the VBAC/C-section question is resolved, then everything will be fine.
Everything is going well so far. Even though I took 2 PG tests, I still feel a little as if it isn't real until the doctor says, "Yes, you are pregnant." And getting the yes today felt good. I am supposed to be 7 weeks and 3 days, according to my cycle. If anything...I may have ovulated later and have not been pregnant as long. But according to the nurse practitioner, I am a good 8 weeks along based on the size of my uterus. So what does this mean? Heck if I know. But there it is.
I was told that I should gain a little weight. A very little. But if I didn't gain any...that would be ok too, as long as I keep eating healthy food and taking my vitamins. I just am not allowed to lose any...since I have already lost about 7 pounds. I'm not trying to lose, but I still am. What am I going to do if I keep losing? I refuse to eat more. I am already getting enough.
The kids go back to school tomorrow. Oh GLORY!!! I am thrilled. My joy is full :)
6 comments:
Oh sooo glad things are lookin' so good for you!! 8wks. Wow..These 9mnths. will fly by!
vbac/c-section??? I'd do what the dr.s and my body says I can do. Hey they'll owe ya some $$ back afterwards!
I urge you to look up side effects of a tubal online before you decide. Everyone told me it was nothing. HA!! For the 1st time in my life I have TERRIBLE periods! Nurse at the OB's office said it was common after a tubal. If I'd have known I swear I'd have never done it! Like Becky said it'll all work out or come out in the wash;)
I am so excited for you! I would go with the dr and the 8 weeks, a few days early is always better then afew days late....
I had a tubal after I had Hailey. Nothing changed with my Aunt flow changed... :) Just a little unwanted info I am sure, but I got pregers with almost everything even an IUD....
ANd remember a few months ago when I asked you if you are getting PREGers instead of PREGO? LOL I gues I knew...lol
And just think next visit you can hear the heart beat!!! Congrats!
Oooooh, how exciting this all is! I feel like an Auntie. :)
WOW!!!! What an exciting new year for you! I'm glad everything is going so well!
OMG!!!! Okay I know I have been under a rock here for a long time but how the *&%@ didn't I know you were pregnant!!!! Oh man I'm a self-absorbed idiot! BIG TIME! Please forgive me as I know have seemed to been able to pull my own head outta my bottom and can actually see other things going on around me. Shame, shame, shame. (My head is hanging really low here so you can get the visual). First... CONGRATULATIONS! That's so terribly exciting! haha I'm so thrilled for you guys. Secondly... I will definitely be praying for you that all is a wonderful experience for you and that you have your peace. I so want you to enjoy all of it. You deserve it. Ooooh it's fun to think about sharing this in a small way with you. Congrats Rebel! I promise to not insert my head into anything again for a while, kay?
Post a Comment