Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Plate Overflow-eth

Ok, I recognize now that I just have too much on my plate. I am totally overwhelmed. So in the interest of preserving my sanity....or just not letting my lack of sanity degrade further...I withdrew from school. I was having trouble finding time to do my assignments. Fortunately, I quit while I could still get a refund. The books are a lost cause. The internet classes always use books from a previous semester that while they are still acceptable...are no longer in regular use and cannot be sold back. That's ok, I liked the books for reading anyway. And the music class came with a great music appreciation CD with lots of lovely classical music that I would otherwise not be listening too.

I will see how things go now. I may have to give up other things too. And scrapping cannot be one of the things I give up!!!!

I have all of my maternity clothes now. And....nods here to Mary Fran....the pillow I ordered arrived yesterday. Oh, it is heaven. It is a C shaped body pillow that you can curl behind you for back, neck and hip support, curl in front for pregnant belly support, or curl up into a seashell to recline against. It's soft, it's comfy, it's PERFECT!! I woke up this morning with the pillow curled around my butt on one end, and my head was nicely taco-ed on the folded up other end. Damn!!! It was SWEET!

So now...off for some crackers to quell the nausea that has finally hit me (I knew it was too good to be true that I wouldn't get sick this time) and then sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for unloading your plate. I know you were so excited about school. It'll still happen. I hope you get rid of all the yukky nausea soon! BIG HUG!

janna said...

Smart move! And College will be there when you are ready.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so very glad to hear that you have lightened your load... can't have you getting exhausted or simply not being able to enjoy this new adventure before you! And as for the pillow? WOOOOHOOO! I chuckled at reading how you woke up with it this morning! hahahaha Ooooh pillow... thy gentleness is exquisite! hahaha Good for you, Rebel!

Jo said...

yep!! school will be there! You've got plenty of time for that~gotta take care of #1 right NOW:) That pillow sounds AWESOME~I've had body pillows since my 1st pg. couldn't sleep without them! CONGRATS again on SSdigi5!

Kelly Byrom said...

When it rains, it pours. You really had a lot on your plate. Good for you for taking a step back and making some time for at least some sleep. Well maybe a little sleep. ha. Hope your morning/all day sickness goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

Agreed..It is definitely a time to take care of you.

Oh I remember those body pillows during pregnancy. In fact, I admit it...I still use mine 4 years AFTER Kai was born. Shoot, I forgot to mention the body pillow on Mary Fran's blog. I thought I covered all of the pillows I own, but now that I think of it, there are more......Oh yes, who could forget about the nursing pillow, the bath pillow and the eye pillow. I better go tell her.....in a sec. ;)

School can wait.... a good pregnancy body pillow is important stuff right now. Lullabye...and goodnight.....happy napping Dena!

Maya