Thursday, February 02, 2006

Gearing Up For Round 2

What is it going to take to get my kids healthy? Daisy started complaining last night that her neck hurts. (This means she has a sore throat, but she can feel it outside too) Then, I noticed bright spots of color on her face. The fever was on. And since strep-throat is going around the school, I am expecting the worst. So she was in the bed with Barry and I last night, because when she gets sick, she demands to be there. She is still there. I guess I should look on the bright side. One less kid to try and get out the door to school. (A 1-1.5 hour prospect each morning)

I am really starting to feel better. Well, except for that pesky all day no relief headache I had yesterday. But it has gone, and I am up and feeling fine. We got another aide at the school, so maybe I won't be so exhausted after work each day. I am the only full-time aide right now, and sometimes,,,,I am the only one there. Other teachers and instructional aides help out, but not as much as we really need. The custodian and I are living in protest because we have to set up the cafeteria each day alone. It's surprisingly hard work. But....we have another part-timer with one more waiting to be approved. That will be nice.

I still don't feel like scrapping. I just look at my kits and pictures....and nothing speaks to me. My previous pages done while pregnant are pretty bare, so I think I may be using a LOT of white space. I don't even feel like taking pictures!! Isn't that terrible??!!! Ah well,,,,it will all be waiting for me when I am ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think everyone has had scrappers block lately - I know I have - or as I like to call it "everything" block!! Glad you are still feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're starting to feel better.... hopefully that catches on to your whole household! I'm like Holly and seem to have been suffering from "everything block" lately too.