Monday, April 03, 2006

What Would You Do?

Here's the thing. I have been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions for about 10 days now. No biggie. I read that you start having them early in the pregnancy, but don't usually feel them until the last trimester. Because my "uterus is flabby", I am feeling them early. I was concerned about how strong they were, but not too worried. Today, after having had a very physical day at work, I had a DOOZIE, and then another, and another. 4 total, all in a row and within about 5 minutes. I had to pant through them because they were so intense. I talked to the midwife at the dr's office. She said, no more messing with the tables at work, no standing for more than a hour, no bending, no lifting, get more rest during the day.

So what would you do? I am needed at work. They just don't have enough aides (which is why I have to work so hard) I can keep working and just tell them what I need. I believe they will accommodate me because they are desperate. Or I can give notice, because...Realistically...I can no longer do the work. I am torn. I only have 8 more weeks of work. That equals 23 days total. But, I will have to be babied the whole time I am working. I really don't know what to do. Part of me feels that I should just stick it out. Part of me feels that it's too risky, even for just 23 days.

I should probably mention that I left work in my 7th month when I was carrying Cory. The Braxton Hicks contractions were so bad that I had dilated to 3 centimeters by that point. And staying off my feet stopped the early labor.

I should also mention that this work is not crucial to me. It's just something I was doing to help out.

I am leaning toward giving notice. But I feel bad about it. Should I feel bad?

5 comments:

janna said...

DO not feel bad, YOUR HEALTH and the babies health are number one!!!

Try it this week and see what happens.

Praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Dena - get outta there and don't feel bad - good grief, if they are friends and/or Mom's they will be understanding I am sure, if they aren't well,... too bad, your health and the health of the baby are what's important!

Thriftin and Craftin said...

If it were me, I'd definitely leave the job. I'd be too scared to risk mine and the babies health. Hope you're feeling OK now!

ZeeLV said...

Unless you know the world could end if you're not at the school messing with tables...then you definitely oughta be at home. :)

Anonymous said...

I had BH contractions from my 4th month on with Kai. I couldn't walk anywhere that I didn't have one every ten steps or so. One thing to keep in mind when you feel these is that you probably are needing to drink more.

Take good care.

maya