Thursday, June 22, 2006

Confession Time

It's getting closer to "D"-day, and I have a confession to make. I am scared to death. How am I going to be able to take care of a baby???? It's been 7 years. I feel as if I have forgotten everything. I'm afraid of sleepless nights.....what if I can't get the baby to sleep?? I am afraid of nursing.....what if I have forgotten how to get the baby to latch on right?? What if it hurts this time?? How am I going to do this with a teen, a tween and two school-age kids. I have to do soccer, and church activities and school activities. It's a little late, but I don't know if I can do this.

I assume that it is normal to feel this way. But, I don't remember feeling this way with my other kids. Not even Cory. Or maybe I did and I am just blocking the memory. Whatever the case may be....I am really scared. Silly, isn't it?

I have 7 weeks until my c-section. 7 weeks to pull it together. 7 weeks to worry about the pain of the epidural and my surgery. I think I need a valium.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure most people would feel this way. I'd be nervous if I had to start over now, but I know it would be just fine. Everything will come right back to you, there's no doubt in my mind. She's going to be a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

oh good luck..I think those thoughts/feelings are normal though! Hang in there - you'll do great!!!

janna said...

Totally normal!!!!
((((HUGS)))))
& I will get your gift in the mail next week for sure!

ZeeLV said...

Just like riding a bike, eh?

Jo said...

You're just normal! Zee beat me to the punch!! It's just like ridin' a bike~hang in there kiddo...you'll be just fine:)

Anonymous said...

i can imagine you'd be nervous, but I know you'll do just fine! i think it's good your kids are a little older so they can pitch in and help out. think of it this way, at least you're not expecting sextuplets! ;)

Ann