Tuesday, July 11, 2006

About That Swelling ...Updated at bottom

When I was at the Dr yesterday, my BP was fine....low as always. So I didn't worry about preeclampsia. But I did ask my Dr about the worrisome swelling. And the headaches. And the blurred vision. And the nausea. And he got worried too. Apparently, the BP doesn't have to be high to indicate preeclampsia. So I had to go back to the Dr today for further testing.

I got in today, and had my bloodwork done. Did a non-stress test on the baby. And had no noticeable swelling. All was good. As I was getting ready to leave, they remembered to take my blood pressure. And it was 130/69!!!! My BP has NEVER been that high! I usually run 120/60, except during pregnancy when it is usually 115/60. So, now I have to go back in 2 days. I am waiting for the results of the bloodwork. And I am on bedrest.

CRAP!

UPDATE: Good news!!!! The bloodwork came back clean! I am ok!!! But the Dr still wants to keep an eye on me. I don't mind....because Molly and I are ok! I felt good enough to have Em take a picture of me and I scrapped it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Join the crowd ;)!!! Soooooo sorry!!! I hope everything is okay!!! Please keep us posted!!!

janna said...

Beautiful LO & picture of you!
Take care and cut back on the DR Pepper...
((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

oh, so glad everything's ok, Dena! you're looking beautiful in that photo (i know you don't feel so beautiful, but you sure look it!). take care!

Ann

ZeeLV said...

I'm SOOO happy to hear you're doing better! I hope this means you're off bed rest...but don't do too much either.

You look absolutely beautiful in that layout woman. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW - this is one GORGEOUS page - Look at you!! Glad all is well!! Take Care!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm really glad that everything is okay, D!!

love, me <><

TheCatLord said...

i am just reading this now so i hope everything is going okay with you. it's been a while since i've been here, and i usually just lurk to see how you are, but i just wanted to let you know that this layout of you is gorgeous! you look beautiful and i am anxious to see lil' miss molly (as are you, i'm sure)!
blessings
lisa