Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blogging While Sleep Deprived

Good Heavens!!! I need some sleep!!!

On Friday, I took Molly to the Dr. She had lost weight! I was devastated!! She weighed 4lbs 15oz! But I snapped back. I had been letting her sleep too much in order to sleep more myself. It was my fault. So I am back on the every 3 hour feeding schedule. I have only missed 2 feedings in favor of sleep since Friday. And she has gained weight. I took her to a lactation/baby store and weighed her yesterday. She weighed 5lbs 5oz! Thank goodness.

The store I went to ( MilkSmile ) was wonderful! I rented a Medela pump because it's quiet and more effective. I have grown to LOATHE the sound of the stupid Evenflo pump. It's loud and annoying and only served to help me feel more like a cow hooked up to a milking machine. The new one is whisper quiet. And it does the job better.

I really liked the store because they were so supportive. LaLeche can be a little hardline when it comes to the use of bottles. This store supports me. Molly is latching on finally, but she won't stay on for long. And then I give her a bottle because of the weight issues. But the consultant told me I was doing it exactly right! I try her on the breast for as long as she wants, and then supplement. Eventually, she is going to "get it" and take the breast only. I felt so validated and so much better about life after talking to them! I was going to get an SNS nursing package suggested by Laurie (coffeequeen), but in the end we decided that since she is latching on, we would just leave things as they stand.

Are you sick of hearing about breastfeeding yet? :) Goodness only knows that I am sick of it LOL! But I have gotten a few milk dribbling smiles from the breast to make it worthwhile!

I got to meet Zee and her wonderful family on Sunday!! Ya know, they are exactly as I imagined they would be! They were so nice :) It was wonderful to be able to finally meet Zee. I would post a pic, but I haven't loaded pics from my camera yet. And I will need to do some cropping and filtering because I look like Hell! ;) But thanks to Zee for dropping in to say hello. Ooh, and I need to snap a pic of the adorable outfit she brought for Molly!! TOO GORGEOUS!!

Cory had soccer practice yesterday, and the rest of the kids have practice today. YAYYYYY!!! The season has begun!!!! I am thrilled. (As if I haven't already got my hands full...) But, that's ok, because soccer is worth it! Cory is on the U-19 team. He is playing with MEN! And apparently, he is more than holding his own. DAMN! He is such an awesome player (blatant parental pride moment). I can't wait for his first game on 9/9.

And speaking of can't wait.....a week from today is TV night! First is the House season premiere. LOVE House!! Then for Barry, Law & Order CI. Then for me SVU (eye candy in the form of Chris Meloni. I was going to post a pic here, but when I went to google images, the first pic showed full frontal!!!! OMG!!!). And after all that....the season premiere of Nip/Tuck. I am locking the door and the kids can fend for themselves!! Tuesday is MY TV night. Too bad the new season of Big Love isn't beginning. That would really be the icing on the cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!! Can't wait to see more pictures of miss Molly!! Take Care!!

Jo said...

I 2nd you on that Medela pump!! I LOVED it...got to use one in the hospital with Joe since he wasn't staying on the breast long enough! I looked for one on E-Bay, there's a nurse that sold them brand new, still in the box for tons less. In the end I stuck out with my (yuck) Evenflow cause he was my last child. Glad you found some support:) Can't wait to see some pictures!

janna said...

Medela pump's are the best. I can hear it now....

I cannot wait to see a picture of you and Zee & the baby too.

ZeeLV said...

I had so much fun visiting you guys! I hope next time it's a longer visit. :) (I posted a pic on my blog!)