Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hand-Me-Down Heaven....Pic added

I LOVE handed down clothes for babies :) I had lots of stuff for Molly to wear (not that anything will fit her yet GRRRRR!!!) and I had purchased most of it on E-bay. I got most of her furniture, big items, etc. on Craig's list. But I was thrilled today when my sister, who was visiting her sister-in-law, brought over a bunch of stuff for me!!! First, there was a high chair! Then there was one of those blankets that lie on the floor with the toys that hang over the baby. She also brought another really nice play item. It's a revolving activity set that is on a round blanket. And finally, she brought a huge pink and white Little Tykes toybox.....completely filled with clothes! And what clothes they are! Baby Gap, Gymboree, Baby B'gosh! I was so thrilled. These were things that her sister-in-law's neighbor was going to get rid of, and sent to me instead. A complete stranger sent me all of this stuff. Wasn't that cool!!!!?????

Molly is doing better at feeding. She has nursed a few times. The problem is that she falls asleep and cannot wake up while she is nursing. The pediatrician said that she is just so small, and nursing takes a lot of energy, so she doesn't have the strength yet to do it. I am just waiting until she is larger and has more strength. But in the meantime, I nurse her if she can, and if not, I express a bottle for her. It doubles the time spent in feeding her. I TRULY feel like a dairy cow :) But she is worth it. And her strength is increasing. She can now manage 2oz (60ml) of milk every 3 hours. In the hospital, the pediatrician was pleased if she managed 20ml in 3 hours. It won't take any time at all for her to get strong.

And she is staying awake longer. She just stares at her Mommy. And she is so sweet. I talk to her while she is watching me. I tell her all about her family and how much we love her. I SWEAR it isn't gas, but this child is smiling at me already. Trust me....It's a real smile :)



So, I have been a little absorbed lately. I shouldn't even be taking the time to blog this...but I think I can take a few minutes for me. But....only a few!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dena I can "hear" the pride and love in this post - so happy for you!! And that is awesome about the clothes and toys!!

janna said...

How exciting!!! I am so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

what a precious gal she is, Dena. I can't help but smile looking at her. :) thanks for posting the pic.

Ann

janna said...

Oh I did not she the picture last time.... What a cutie~~!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how alert she is in that photo! I can tell she's going to be such an AWESOME baby. She's just adorable!

BTW, you KNOW I love hand-me-downs. They are the best. So glad you got all that stuff!

Robin said...

What a beautiful smile!!!! :)

Jo said...

Dena!!!!!!!! I swear next to my own;) she is the sweetest, prettiest little thing I've EVER seen!!!!! No way that smile is gas!! That's the real deal!! I sure wish I lived close just so I could have just 1 time of holding her...sigh...that would just make my year to hold a beautiful newborn again!

btw--Joe was in the same boat with nursing. He kept falling asleep. I tickled his feet, stripped him down to diaper and was a expressing machine just like you for awhile. It gets better though he did wean sooner than the other 2. Hang in there!