And Then, It Just Clicked
I have been busy lately, so I haven't visited other blogs. You see, after my hoping that I wouldn't jinx the nursing progress, the next day I couldn't get Molly to stay awake at the breast at all. But, at the same time, she was fussy at the bottle. I was getting desperate again. But then on Wednesday, I realized why she was fussy at the bottle. She didn't want it. She acted the same way my kids who would never take a bottle did. So, I went to the breast. And I worked like a fiend to keep her awake. Folding her legs, undressing her, tickling her feet. Barry even put a wet wipe over her head (in lieu of a washcloth handy.) And, it finally clicked. She gets it.
Molly is on the breast!!!!
It's still work to keep her fed. She still has trouble staying awake. Most feedings take 30-40 minutes. And she eats every 2-3 hours. So, it's a constant effort. But, it is so worth it!! And I am so happy. I am finding that it is just as, if not more, time consuming than my hated pattern of trying to nurse, give a bottle and then pump. But, to me, this is so much better. Yes, I am one of those people who think that nursing is a little slice of Heaven.
And I am in Paradise!
Once she is staying awake better and the nursing doesn't take so much time, effort, and energy...then I will catch up.
4 comments:
Yahoo!!!! Way to go Molly!!!!
What great news!! Hugs to you ALL!!
YAAAY! That's wonderful!!
I KNEW that little peanut would get it:) That's GREAT Dena!! lol~I did all those tricks to keep Joe awake and he STILL wanted to fall asleep:)~~hmmm...come to think of it so did I!
Post a Comment