Thursday, September 14, 2006

It Just Keeps Getting Better

By Tuesday morning, my milk had all but dried up. I have been taking fenugreek in hopes that my production increases. Molly still can't transfer the milk, but I put her to the breast in order to stimulate me. I pump every 2-3 hours with a Medela Symphony because they are really good at increasing milk production. It is working a little. I went from 1/2 an ounce every 2 hours to a little over an ounce and a 1/2. I am still working with the lactation consultant. She feels that my milk will come back. I am supposed to give it a week to see if there is any change.

I just can't catch an effing break lately. No, that's not true. As I typed this, I thought about the fact that Molly has gained over 6 ounces since Monday when her weight was so low. I haven't weighed her today to see where we stand. That is a blessing to be grateful for. She is healthy and happy now that her tummy is full. She is up to 3 ounces each feeding. When you consider that in the hospital she couldn't even manage 1/2 an ounce, this is a good thing.

But I still feel blue. and angry. and frustrated. and I would really like to catch an effing break. Pray for me please. that either my milk will come back, or that I can accept things.

5 comments:

janna said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS & Prayers)))))))))))))))))

Call your DR too.

Anonymous said...

Praying and hoping for ya' girl!! Hang in there! Give Miss Molly a biiiig kiss!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and Molly, D!!! *hugs*

love, me <><

Jo said...

Awww Dena...I hate to hear you sounding so blue. (((hugs)))

ZeeLV said...

Hugs D! XXOOXX!! :)