Playing with the Big Boys
Cory is getting a hard lesson in what it means to play with the Big Boys. He moved up to the next age level this year in soccer. He plays with the 16-18 year olds, and it is rough. Yesterday, he came home from his game, a mass of bruises and a messed up knee. The games aren't friendly either. A whole lot of yelling and cussing and pushing and shoving and anger takes place. And it's the price he has to pay if he wants to play soccer at this age. Hopefully, he will make the high school team this year. Hopefully, his grades will be good enough to allow him to even try out for the high school team. Not that the hs team will be any better. As a matter of fact, I think it could be worse due to the highly competitive nature of high school sports in our area. But, it keeps him out of trouble.
He and his girlfriend broke up 2 weeks ago. Then they got back together again after a week. Honestly, I thought I had given up all of this kind of drama when I graduated from high school 20 years ago. Talk about something sneaking up on you and biting you in the butt! I really wish I had been nicer to the boys I dated in high school. I just can't help but feel like this is my reward for an ill-spent youth. Heaven help me when my girls start dating. Do you know, I will be 54 when Molly starts dating!! To quote Lethal Weapon.....I'm too old for this sh!t!!!
Emily has been such a big help lately. I am starting to feel guilty because of all that she does. She helps with dinner. She heats bottles for me. She runs errands. And today, she came and gave me a coupon good for 2 years of help with Molly. She is too sweet for words. I am so lucky to have her as my daughter. And she is always so cheerful. She goes around with a smile on her face. And she is so happy in school right now too. This is her last year of grade school before she heads off to Jr High. Lots of changes then. LOTS of changes!
Unlike Daisy :) who goes around with her tongue out of her mouth, or a sneer, or a pout. We are working on getting her to NOT use her hypoglycemia and mood swings as an excuse to be obnoxious. So far...not so good. But, when she is in a good mood, she is just as sweet and helpful. I watched her playing soccer yesterday against all of these tall girls who are beginning puberty. And there is Daisy. One of the older girls, but also still the smallest :) She has to run twice as far as everyone else just to keep up. But she enjoys herself.
Willy has been extra-cuddly lately. And he gets very sad and worried when his baby sister cries. He has been working very hard in school and in soccer. But he is gone most of the times. Pokeman has made a resurgence here. So he and his friends have been trading cards every night. And they get together and play Pokeman video games. Constantly. The cards have been banned at school because of problems.
Molly's weight is up. She reached 7 pounds 4 ounces today. She is starting to settle into a routine. And she sleeps for about 6+ hours at night. She is finally out of preemie diapers, but she is still wearing preemie clothes. She is too short still for newborn clothes. They come down to her feet :) My milk never did come back completely. And she is balking at nursing again. I guess she is just going to be a bottle baby. And I will stop pumping when she is 3 months old most likely. But...we'll see.
I'm doing OK on the medication. It makes me really drowsy, so between the huge sleep debt I have from taking care of a newborn and the pills, I am still napping whenever possible. Usually 2-3 times a day! Can you imagine?? Cory was complaining about the fact that I am always asleep. I feel guilty, but I can't help it. When and if I stop pumping milk, I will probably start drinking my diet dp just to get through the days again. I hate to admit that. But it's true.
I suppose I should offer to help Barry with the crying baby. But...he insisted that she wanted her Daddy.
5 comments:
So glad to hear things are going better. Molly will be a chubsy-wubsy in no time. Thanks for the nice words and encouragement you left on my blog. Yep, Godsmack ROCKED BABY!!! :)
WOW! I don't want to have to think about soccer when my kids get older. Can't anything just be about good sportsmanship? I guess I'm naive, huh? Glad everyone is doing well.
Glad things are going better for you all!! hugs to all!!
glad to hear everythings better and little Molly is on her way:) Soccer. ACK! Hannah wants to play and James wants baseball so...guess I'll be on that track soon
I thought I posted??
I am glad to hear everything is OK!
I think about you often,
ONLINE Buddy!
((HUGS))
Post a Comment