Thursday, December 14, 2006

Expensive Goose Grease and a Win

Oh my goodness!!! The Office was hysterical tonight!!!! No spoilers for those who missed it, but....really good episode. I was roflmaopimp!! OK, minor spoiler, Dwight was so funny tonight. I loved the whole goose bit.

Cory had another game tonight. THEY WON!!! And it was a tough game. The other team was good, but they were very aggressive. Cory went off when he was pushed one time too many. The ref stopped the game and had a little chat with Cory. No cards, but Cory needed to settle down. When the game was over, he showed me why he had gotten so angry. The player who was marking Cory tripped and went down, but not without grabbing Cory's arm and attempting to take him down too. This happened at the beginning of the game, and Cory's arm was still red when the game was over. The obvious "injury" is probably what kept him from being carded. The assistant coach was almost ejected because he kept yelling at the ref. The crowd was riled. I was so pumped with adrenaline when the game was over, that I had to "walk it off" to settle down. Suddenly, soccer riots made perfect sense! It was close, 1-0. But a win is a win. And the boys were ecstatic. Cory was beaming at the end of the game. He was grinning from ear to ear. He was hugging all of his teammates (they were all hugging, and I am so glad that boys now feel comfortable hugging each other and aren't worried about losing machismo). He has won so many games in the past, that I wondered what was different this time. He told me that it's because this is High School, not league soccer. This is like the difference between major league and the minors. I wish I could have bottled his happiness and sprinkled a little on him whenever he is down.

Molly is 4 months today. She is close to rolling over. She finds me making a funny noise and throwing my head back to be the funniest thing she has ever seen. Considering that she is only 4 months old, that isn't saying much. But I love it anyway.

I should be asleep, but I told Cory to go ahead and go to sleep. I would do his laundry. Once it's in the dryer, I am going to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go team!! Sounds like they are a super team! Molly is 4 months?? - O.k. - where did the time go?? Holy moly! She will be so full of big grins and babbling - loved that stage so much! Happy weekend!!