Sunday, December 3, 2006
Clever post title, huh?
I am soooooooo ready for the soccer season to be over! I LOVE soccer, but I don't like when the season doesn't end at Thanksgiving. If it were just one child playing, I wouldn't mind. But, with 4 kids playing, especially this year with a baby.....you can imagine. Saturdays are especially rough on Molly. She is out in the heat (not as hot now, but still not cold), she is too distracted to eat, and she doesn't get the sleep she needs. Then, Saturday night and Sunday mornings, she is cranky and screaming and just hard to handle. Which means that instead of going to church, I am home walking a screaming child. And if Mom doesn't get ready for church....no one does. Well, Emily does. Everyone else just sleeps in, or can't find shoes, or whatever they can come up with. Which is odd because they all love church. Even Cory has a new reason to go to church. He "likes" a girl in our Ward. Personally, I don't have a problem with someone going to church for the social reasons. Because, no matter the reason they are there, they will inevitably absorb some of the teachings :) I will even admit to admiring a well defined missionary bicep when I was Cory's age LOL! And look at me now. Well, maybe I am not the best example of the perfect LDS woman hahahahaha. But, who among us is perfect???
Anyway, next Saturday are the last games of the season. Soon, it will be over. Except for Cory's soccer. And, as I pointed out, I can handle one kid in soccer. I tried to get pictures, since I had been bad and taken NONE this year. First was Willy's game, and I got some good shots
And then I went to Daisy's game, where I took some more pics
and finally to Emily's game.....where my battery died. Good thing I still have one game left LOLOL!!
I did another page this weekend.
Credits: Template by Janna, Sunshine on my Shoulder kit by Carrie Stephens.
And finally....my six quirks as challenged by the ever sweet and wonderful Cardee! And this is going to be tough, as I have chosen not to just cut and paste her quirks which are also mine hahaha.
1. I cannot stand to have the air not moving around me. It can be cold in my bedroom, but it has to be very very very cold before I will turn off my ceiling fan. Once the air has stopped moving, I feel stifled and find it hard to breath. I do the same thing in my car.
2. I always read the first chapter of a book first, and the last chapter of a book second. I always read spoilers when I am watching a movie or TV show. And I can never ever wait until Christmas morning. I have absolutely no patience with surprises or the unknown.
3. I am horribly unorganized at home. But at work or school, I am neat as a pin and almost anal retentive. (Yes, this is one of Carla's, but it bears repeating with me). I can't clean to save my life, and everyday is one long game of "find the fill in the blank". But I won awards in high school for the neatest and most organized notebooks for pity's sake!!!! When I worked at a theater in the box office, I was so meticulous about cleaning that I was asked to teach a special Saturday class to all of the other box people on the right way to clean. I don't know why this is. Even at home, when I work for Barry here, the house will look as if a bomb has struck, but my desk will be an island of sanity.
4. I twirl my hair. I've done it since I was young. One of the reasons I can never keep may hair short is because I need to twirl my hair. I love the feel of freshly washed strands as they swirl between my fingers. I have been known to twirl my children's hair also. It's an ADD thing (I know, I have seen the Conner's questionnaire which helped lead to my diagnosis). I am twirling while I think inbetween typing things right now.
5. I've said this before, but this also bears repeating. I am PAINFULLY shy. I go through periods of time when I just can't be around people at all. And then I go through times when it's better. And when it's better, I push myself to be sociable to try and get past it. Sometimes I do well. In high school, I was a social butterfly. Sometimes, I am downright reclusive. I've been pretty reclusive for a long time now. But, this time, the reclusiveness hasn't been total. And it hasn't been debilitating. It helps that I have lived in the same house for 11 years (instead of 1-2 years growing up) so that my friends and neighbors have learned of this quirk and understand.
and finally
6. I sing while I drive. And not a nice simple sing-a-long with the radio. No, I bang my head, play drums on my steering wheel, and generally make a horses patootie of myself. When that show about people who do this was on VH-1, I lived in terror that someone would catch me :) Unless, I am in rush hour, or other heavy traffic. Then I need dead silence. I cannot concentrate with any noise and traffic really really freaks me out. I have near panic attacks due to the fear that I am going to hit someone or be rear-ended. I wonder if it stems from learning to drive in the country, where the only traffic you run into is when the entire town leaves the school after a sporting event or after church. And even then, people are in less of a hurry and so they drive in a much more relaxed and slower manner. hmmmmm. Makes me wonder.
And that's it for me. I won't tag anyone, but if you haven't visited Cardee's blog, and want to jump in...feel free
2 comments:
Thankfully we survived another soccer season. Fun photos. You know I took hundreds of them, and made them for the players on a dvd with music. I've got it down to a science now, so we pound them out pretty quickly!
Thanks for playing along with the quirks tag. It's so fun to learn more about my buds. Aren't you and I hilarious about the organized, unorganized thing! I feel the same way about lots of traffic. I HATE it. I have to fight to not have the panic attacks too! You're perfect just the way you are, my hair-twirling friend! Love ya!
I can relate to the church thing....
My DH is the buggest butt when it comes to Sundays before church
Post a Comment