Bless You Ben Franklin
I used to go to the library all of the time. But then I got into the habit of forgetting the due dates on books. So I quit going. Lately however, my whole family has been in a reading mood. I never understood how Barry and I, 2 voracious readers, spawned a group of non-readers. But the kids have been reading a lot these days. Even Willy. He made the jump to "chapter books", and has been devouring them. Cory has gone through the entire Anne Rice collection (of course), the works of Thomas Harris (naturally), and is currently reading The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. (He caught the last 15 minutes of the movie when I was watching it, then I bought the movie so we could watch together. Now he is working on the book. Emily, having already watched the movie with me, is also working on the book) Emily is also reading a young adult series on the family and wives of Henry VIII. I am so proud!! That is where I started my obsession with historical fiction/ romance novels. After the first book, she was able to answer all of the questions correctly when I quizzed her on Anne Boleyn. Daisy....REFUSES to read the Harry Potter books. She says they are too long and boring!!!!! Where did I go wrong with this one????? Still, she is reading. She just finished The Bridge to Terabithia. I LOVED this book when I was young. The new movie coming out looks interesting, but I hope the commercials I have seen aren't indicative of the path the movie is taking. It shouldn't be about Terabithia. It's about .... well, read it and see :)
Me... I am working on the new Phillipa Gregory book, The Boleyn Inheritance. Next up is the new Julie Garwood mystery.
And in between all of this, I am still finding time to be a mom and to scrapbook. I made some rice pudding for Cory yesterday (this is the mom part). It did not turn out well. I didn't read the reviews of the recipe until it was already in the oven. All the reviews said that there was too much liquid to rice ratio, and it would turn out soupy. So I added the extra rice suggested by the reviews. When it first came out of the oven, it was OK. Good flavor, but the rice was a little hard. (It suggested uncooked rather than cooked rice....that was a mistake). But, after sitting in the refrigerator all night, well it was like oatmeal. Cory was laughing his behind off at me. We laughed that it could be used to bondo cars, or stucco the house. Right into the trash it went. And I had baked that sucker for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes!!!!!
I found a recipe with better reviews for next time.
And, the scrapping part:
credits here
2 comments:
LOL about the rice pudding.
Great LO too
oh - the dreaded rice pudding - been there that's for sure - just not easy to make! At least you had a laugh!!
Post a Comment