Bummer!
I got a job posting from Chase Bank in my email last night. I wasn't 100% certain that I was qualified, but I was willing to bluster my way through if needed. So I applied online. Well, I started to, but I realized that my resume was on my computer, not Barry's. So I cancelled my application. Somehow though, it went through. And I was declined today. BUMMER! This job would have paid me enough to do a lot of the things I have been wanting to do. But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. And they wasted no time in turning me down, so I guess all of the bluster in the world wouldn't have made a difference.
So back to the want ads I go. Here is the problem. After YEARS of phone work, I really do not want to get back on the phone. I HATE phones now. Even in my personal life, I just don't like the phone. But, I am most qualified for phone work. Even if not all phone work, each job I am qualified for requires some phone work. I want a job, where I sit in a back office, with the door shut. While there I can do data entry, file, accounting, whatever. As long as I don't have to talk to anyone. Unfortunately, no one seems to be hiring closet drones anymore.
I wish someone would pay me to go to school. That would be AWESOME!! But....no. I guess I would have to earn my way through school.
Sunrise Preschool is opening a new location just down the street from me. Maybe, I will apply there. If I have to deal with people, I'll take kids :)
The widget arrived today. Barry is upstairs working on my laptop right now. It will be nice to be back on my machine.
Off to the want-ad's. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment