Sunday, April 15, 2007

When I Was Little

I hated naps. Why, I now wonder, would I hate naps? Naps are awesome. I am seriously considering a nap right now. But when I was little, I fought them. My mother gave up on me napping by the time I was a year old. Emily is the same way I was. Up all night. Never sleeping. With one big difference. I was always full of caffeine. She is never full of caffeine. So, now, I wonder if it was just normal for me to be sleepless rather than the effect of stimulants as I always assumed. And oddly, I can sleep just fine now after drinking my Diet DP. hmmmmm.

I type this because, I really really really want to be asleep right now. I think it's unfair to make me go to church at 8:30 in the morning. Especially, because no matter how early I begin preparations (laundry/baths/supplies/etc.) the night before, I am still up late. And then I have to get up and get all the kids ready and out the door. I am NEVER on time. And I am usually in a sleepy stupor for most of the day. Like right now. I can hardly wait for Labor Day, when our meeting time changes to 11 AM. Now that is do-able!!!

Barry has been in the mood for Greek food lately. Which is cool, because I always love Greek food. He has been making gyros. YUM!!! I just finished mine, and I could go for another!

Molly hasn't had any appetite lately. It has been a struggle again. But, today I noticed that she had a crusty nose. I think she has been sick and I just didn't realize it. I am sure that my older kids all went through times when they ate less. It's just that I am so obsessed with Molly's caloric intake because she has problems. It is a lot easier when you just latch them on and don't worry about it. But making and measuring everything that she consumes just makes me hyper aware of her eating. I have to keep reminding myself...she is growing. Just a LOT slower than most babies. And since she has plenty of wet diapers...DON'T STRESS!! Her size is already kind of an issue though. My older kids were all standing and pulling themselves up by the couch, tables, etc. by the time they were her age (8 months as of yesterday). But she is too short to reach anything to pull herself up. My kids all walked by 10 months at the latest. I think Molly may be a little slower. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad....

And finally, here is her 8 month page:

credits: A Lil' Dainty kit by Amber Clegg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I just love this page, Dena! Precious! I guess walking early has its advantages and disadvantages, but I would've definitely have preferred later with Cam (9 months), like the other two (Sam 12 mo, Hannah 13 mo). To me, there just wasn't the cognitive skill there to handle the physical skill...no proper awareness of surroundings. Made me a nervous wreck!

Jo said...

OH! She's a doll Dena:) None of mine walked early. Joe was about 11months before he really crawled even! It was Christmas and he WANTED those Christmas lights so he got himself there on hands and knees, then pulled up, then was walking and running by his 1st b-day Jan. 10th. He was and still is too short in the poop!

She'll get there then you'll wonder why on earth you wanted her too;)

ZeeLV said...

Mmmm...Greek yummies! One of the guys at work introduced me to a new restaurant, Crazy Pita, and we've been working on getting tired of them. I think in the last two weeks, we've eaten there at least five times--and no sign of tiring any time soon! OPA!!!

Anonymous said...

What a DOLL she is Dena!! LOVE LOVE this page!! hang in there - she is GONNA figure it out - then you'll be sorry Mom!! lol!