Saturday, June 09, 2007

Generic Post Title

I'm tired and not feeling particularly witty.

Not from being depressed or anything. I have actually had some really good days lately. I was astounded to wake up yesterday, and realize that the day before had been good. I didn't do anything spectacular. There was nothing momentous. I had just managed to be happy all day. No fighting with Barry. No yelling at the kids. Not even much in the way of breaking up fights. It was just a good day. Sometimes, just being happy is enough.

Molly is pulling herself into a standing position. And she has a new word. Da-du. No, it's not Daddy, that is Dada. Da-du appears to be Daisy-Doo. The odd thing about Molly is, once she has mastered something, she quits doing it. She learned to roll over. She quit doing it. She said Mama, and once she mastered it she quit. Same with baba (bottle) and Dada. It's almost as if she thinks to herself, BTDT!. She will say Mama if she really wants my attention and isn't getting it, but not in regular usage. And she has to be starving to ask for a baba. The exception to this rule...crawling. Once that started, she never stopped.

Cory has started summer school. Mesa has a great distance learning program. Kids from 7th grade up have the option of taking all of their classes online from home. They have a real-live teacher whom they can email or even meet with if they need extra help. They take midterms and finals at the district office. And the curriculum is the same as all of the other schools in the district. It's a great option for people who want to home school but don't have the patience, skill or organizational ability.

Anyway, Cory is doing online summer school. He started last night. He has done 5 assignments already, and is pulling a 94%. (The class is Freshman English which he failed in 9th grade due to not doing the work). I LOVE this program. They will work with you in so many ways too. I think that we will probably have Cory do a mix of online and school classes next year. If he continues to work hard, he may actually go into his Sr year as a Sr and not a Jr!!!!! And, unless he REALLY screws up, he will graduate on time. Since Cory is perpetually late to 1st hour, and has lost credit four semesters in a row, we are going to see about having him take his core classes online. He can then go to school from 3rd hour on to take the rest and play soccer. Distance learning said he can still call the school his main school in order to play soccer. Doesn't that sound great???!! I am hopeful that he can turn things around and not be condemned to a life in a paper hat & name tag!! (Not that fast food work isn't honorable...it's just not lucrative.)

We are excited about Vegas. We can't afford it, but we have learned over the years that getting away is important. Just keep it on the cheap. So, we pick a cheap hotel, pick free activities, and eat in the room rather than expensive restaurants.

So, now I just need to clean more and get done before the trip. Yeah, like that'll happen. But, I will try!!!!!

2 comments:

ZeeLV said...

VEGAS!!!! Yahooooo! :)

Jo said...

I 2nd Zee!! VEGAS!!!!!! YAhooooo!! You lucky thing:) Hey and that's great news about Cory! Sounds like that just might be what he needs.

When did Molly get old enough to stand?? lol! Seems soo fast! Hey if you pop in over at my blog I've got a couple of pictures of the calicos on there, the little turds...Glad you're all feeling better