Sunday, September 02, 2007

What a Week!!

And I mean that in a good way!

Work was wonderful. I am doing recess duties at lunchtime. That means, I help set up and take down the cafeteria. But, most of the time, I am out on the playground with the kids. And yes, it's hotter than imaginable outside. But, there has been a breeze and there is shade. Plus, by the end of next week, we may actually be out of triple digit temperatures And I am having fun with the kids again. You know, this job is about a thousand times easier when one isn't pregnant!!!

I have been scrapping. I am almost done with another page. It feels good to release some creativity again.

Soccer is up and running for everyone. Three of the kids all have practice on Mondays and Wednesdays. The good part is, they are all at different times. Now I don't have to kill myself arranging carpools. Whew!!! Games begin on the 15th of September, except for Cory's which start the week before.

Our time to go to church changed today. We no longer have the 8:30AM time. This is sooooooo nice!! Now we go at 11:00AM. We may even manage to be on time someday!! But that day wasn't today. We weren't as late as usual though, so that is progress.

Barry just made the BEST MEAL EVER!!! We saw Rachel Ray make baked won ton cups on her show this week. It's basically egg rolls, but not deep fried. And instead of being rolls, the filling goes into won ton cups. You back the won ton wrappers in muffin pans, so that they make a bowl (similar to tortilla bowls, but smaller). Then you put your filling in and eat! We found out, that if you take the oil out of the process (we use Pam), and use lots and lots and lots of veggies, and use a small amount of ground turkey breast instead of large amounts of fatty meats, the result is HEALTHY! LOW FAT! and LOW CALORIE!!!! Seriously, I ate 8 of these tasty treats, and when I logged my intake into my online food diary (and I WAY overestimated on the amounts since I wasn't cooking and premeasuring for an exact figure) and it only came to 310 calories and 2 grams of fat! And it tasted so good. Oooops, I have to go back and refigure. I didn't add in the bean sauce and the soy sauce. Well, that won't add a huge amount, so I stand by my healthy statement!!! (up to 344 and 3g fat, but that's still OK for a full dinner)

And now, I am pooped. We have been shopping lately. We keep hitting the thrift stores every weekend. I refuse to pay full price for a new wardrobe, when I am still losing weight and having to redo my wardrobe on a 6 week basis. I'll treat myself when I am done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you've been feeling better and scrapping again, etc. and in the pic up top, you look so sleek & slender! (and those wontons sound like a great treat!)

ann / brownie13