Thursday, November 08, 2007

Yes, I am Still Living

Ok.....sorry it has been so long. It took a call from Zee yesterday (sorry I didn't get back to you Chica) to remind me that I hadn't posted. (I had to cut the call short when I looked over and saw one of the students standing on top of the monkey bars ...sigh)

Here is the news from my neck of the woods:

1. Barry has applied for a job at the same mine that all the men (and some of the women) in my family have worked at for 3 generations. We will find out soon if he needs to come in for the physical. If he gets that far....he is pretty much in. The mine is in Morenci AZ (my birthplace) and it is in SE Arizona...about 4 hours East of Mesa. He will be working 7 days on and 7 off. This means, I will be a single mom every other week. It also means that we may need to consider a move when the school year ends. Sometimes I think it would be best. That's home to me...it's where my family is. And, I would rather have the kids see their dad daily, even if for only 5 minutes before he crashes into sleep to get ready for the graveyard shift. But then, I think about how bad it will be to uproot the kids. I don't want to have to deal with selling our house in a down market. And.....there is NO SOCCER!!!!

2. Cory DID NOT make the soccer team at his high school. I am sooooooooooo pi$$ed off!!!!!!! He is better than some of the boys who did make the team. However, he isn't on a club soccer team (the high school coach also coaches club soccer). The coach basically just picked his club team. WTH???!!!!!! Fine...if he didn't want Cory on the team...fine!!! But, don't advertise open try-outs when you have already chosen your team!!! I am out the money for Cory's physical, and we wasted 3 days on that crap.

3. I am now working 4 shifts at the school. I have 2 crossing guard shifts and 2 recess shifts. Between work and soccer, I am never home.

4. My computer situation is bleak. I am on Barry's laptop now. I tried to load my PSCS on this computer, and for some reason.....I am getting an "unauthorized to run" message when I try to load it. Soooooo, no steady and regular internet access. No scrapbooking. Nada. I am in agony here people. We have talked to the friend who built our desktop system. He is looking (so far unsuccessfully) for the disc to fix windows on that system. And, maybe someday I will save enough pennies to replace the broken widget on my laptop.

5. My weight loss has slowed......but not stopped. I have officially reached 150lbs, which for my height is in the healthy range. I am no longer overweight!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! I am still losing, 20 lbs to go, but I am happy to be healthy. If my weight stayed right here, I could accept that!

I guess that is all that there is for now. Molly and Emily are/were sick. The fever's continued through last night (that's why I couldn't call you back Zee), but as of today, we are fever free. I haven't had enough free time with Barry's laptop to leave comments, but I have tried to read and keep up with everyone. The next time Barry falls asleep.....I am taking his computer and emailing/commenting to everyone.

Send out some good vibes on our friend finding the repair disc!!!!

2 comments:

ZeeLV said...

Hey chica! Don't worry about not having called me--I understand!!! Hope things settle down for all of you soon. Love ya bunches!!

janna said...

I am glad to hear from you again! I thought I would call you to, but Zee beat me to it!