Friday, January 18, 2008

Never Enough Time

I've been busy at work and with kids. I got a new class in Primary. I have finally graduated to Senior Primary. I have Will's class (9 year olds). The biggest discernible differences so far: I can use chalk and the chalkboard because the kids can read....and Sharing Time is a lot quieter. I like it. I am ready to teach the older kids. I've done the younger classes, from Nursery to Sunbeams to CTR 5 to CTR 7 for almost 10 years.

Yeah, 10 years now. I started in nursery when Emily was in there. Willy wasn't even born yet. A change is nice.

Barry got his start date. He is going to be gone as of Monday, for 2-3 weeks (training time). It will seem odd having him gone that long after having him work out of the house for the past 4 years. And then it will be bi-weekly. Insurance is going to be soooooooo nice to have. Well, who am I kidding, a paycheck is going to be nice. The money from appraising can be nice, when all goes well. However, it's hit or miss sometimes getting paid, and the work can be sporadic. It will be nice to have a paycheck that you can count on. One that comes at the same time biweekly. One that you know the amount of ahead of time. These are little things that we used to take for granted. No longer will we.

Molly took a couple of steps finally. And she is no longer interested in walking. Kind of a "been there, done that" thing. She can walk. She pushes her little walker all over the place. We took it to church and she RAN down the halls. But, when given the choice of walking or being carried....she wants to be carried. She is talking up a storm though. " S'dat?" (what's that?) is a constant running stream. She asks what everything is. Constantly. And she will repeat it back. She also has a sense of humor. She will say, "Mooooooooomy!" and when I say "What?" she just laughs her little fool head off. Nutcase!!! :)

Cory is almost employed and he is playing All-Stars. He is being recruited by the track team, but he is going to work instead. Part of me likes that......and part hates it. He is so fast, he has an even better chance of a track scholarship than he did with soccer.

Em has a new "boyfriend". The last one didn't seem to care one way or another when Emily bared her heart to his best friend and asked the friend to pass it on (Geez....Jr High!!!). So now she likes a boy that appreciates her more. Good Girl!

Will & Daisy are doing the same as always. Drawing, fighting, schoolwork, etc.

And me, I would love to find the time to scrapbook. I won't be working during the days that Barry is gone, so maybe......just maybe......after the house is cleaned.....I will get to do some me stuff. Well, me and Molly anyway.

1 comment:

janna said...

Love the post and the updates!
IM me when ever you see me online.