WHAT a Week!!!!
I left on Monday night to go see Barry. I was sick as a dog, but I hadn't seen my husband for almost 3 weeks. So, I threw whatever I could into the van and headed out.
Unfortunately, the jack and the lug wrench were not included in the throwing.
I got about 20 miles outside of Globe Arizona ans was on the Res when my tire blew. I was going pretty fast at the time, but I kept control. (I am a damned good driver). I got everything out to change my flat, but the jack and lug wrench had been removed sometime prior. I was MAD! I started flagging people to help me. They drove on. Finally, a woman stopped. She also had no jack.
Well CRAP!
Waited and flagged for a little bit longer. Another woman stopped. She had a jack and wrench, but the lug wrench was the wrong size.
CRAP again!
Finally, two dudes in a Honda stopped. And, they changed my tire for me. I had to turn around and go back into Globe to get a tire. And since it was Memorial day, and after 6 PM, everything was closed. I had to decide: limp the hour home at 50 MPH and try again the next day...or...get a hotel room.
Barry said get a room to keep the donut spare from being ruined. So I did. I thought I got a decent inexpensive room. Until after midnight when the cussing obnoxious young people started arriving and making noise. They finally shut up and I slept. Until 6AM when the jackass next door started making calls on his cell phone with the door open. And he was LOUD!
Frustrated and exhausted, I checked out at 9am and went to get a used tire. That went well and I was on my way. I was worried sick the whole time though since I still didn't have a jack or wrench.
I got into Duncan, and I was burning up with fever. I took it easy and gave serious consideration to going straight back home. I started to feel better. I even watched the kids play in my sister's pool. We did a Family Guy marathon with my BIL who is also a fan. And then sleep.
Drove up to Morenci the next day to see Barry. We got ice cream at the Dairy Queen. We checked at the housing office to see where we were on the list. 191st!!!! There won't be a house available to us for years!!!!!!!!!!! We looked at houses in Clifton, but nothing looked promising. I showed him parts of Clifton he didn't know about. It was a nice drive.
We took the kids back to Duncan and left them with my sis. It was steak night at the man camp, so Barry and I had dinner together. We checked out his room, and then went back to Duncan to spend a night together. We got up this morning to take him back to the man camp, and then we were off toward home.
We were on the road when my sister called about a possible house for us. Her daughter had considered taking it, but decided to stay in the house she just moved into yesterday......So my sister said she would do what she could to get me in. I got a call at 4pm, get there immediately and it was mine. Well, HELL!!! I am in Mesa now!!! So I called Barry to see if he could go. His phone was off. He was asleep since he is working the graveyard shift tonight. I was sooooo bummed!!! Then my sis got the owner to agree to wait until tomorrow morning. Barry will get the rent and deposit paid and we are IN!!!
Yes, it's official...WE ARE MOVING! I will spend most of the summer here in our house paring things down and packing. But, we have a place to stay and can start the process.
But, not until tomorrow. I still have this blasted flu bug and need to rest after all of my driving this week.
2 comments:
Wow - sounds like quite a week Dena! Congratulations on your move and new place - sounds exciting! Hope you are feeling better!!
Crazy Road trip! & Globe is in the middle of BFE. (My aunt lives there)
& Congrats on the new place!
Post a Comment