Rebounding....Sort of...
Even though things have been kind of sucky lately....I am trying not to be depressed.
Besides Cory's legal issues, he is also having school issues. My E drive with all of my unbacked up kits and pics died. And, well....I am tired of a certain someone always complaining and being negative. I have reached the point that I just walk away when the inevitable rant begins.
But, in keeping with my attempts to stay "up", now that school has begun I have jumped into the social whirl. With no soccer, Em has opted to play volleyball. She isn't fantastic at it....yet! Here she is in uniform. Yes, my town spells Wildkats with a "k". This is Cat country because of the UofA, but because a rival school nearby is the Wildcats, my town just used the "k". Dumb, huh? It beats the name of our mascots back when my Grandad was in high school here. Then we were the Punkin Rollers. YIKES!
But she is having fun and I am going to all of her games. Except for some of the away games. I'm not driving hours with Molly. Sad, but there it is. She is back to playing the violin because the band director here in Duncan was elated to find she had a potential violinist whom she wouldn't have to teach. Emily is good enough to just practice and play with the band. Emily did however turn down the offer to join the high school pep band. She felt that marching with a violin would be a little hard. I concurred.
Daisy has given up the violin, since she would still need a teacher. And she has taken up the saxophone. We call her Lisa Simpson :) She is adjusting ok to life in Duncan. She hates school, but she would hate it anywhere. She has reached the 6th grade which means writing more papers. Which Daisy loathes. I told her to suck it up and do it. Schoolwork for the rest of her education will be writing papers.
Willy isn't old enough for band or JR High sports. He has joined the plant club though. He likes planting and weeding and growing. He has found his little niche. He is friends with a little boy that he has known for about 5 years now. This boy lived next to my sister for a couple of years, and whenever we would visit, he and Will would play together. And now, they can every day.
Molly is losing her shyness. It started slowly. She was suddenly getting closer and closer to going to other people. Now, she will actually let them pick her up. But, she still prefers Mama.
Me, well I am teaching at church again. Where I am happiest. I go to Em's games and the High School football games. Even if you don't have a kid playing, everyone in town goes to the games to cheer. At the first game, I stood and clapped while the fight song was played. I felt as if I had been propelled back in time 25 years. And I am meeting old friends and renewing acquaintances. It is still nice to be home!
In spite of the crap I am dealing with right now LOL!
3 comments:
Boy - sounds like you are busy Dena!! Hang in there - hope things settle for you soon!
Wow it sound like a lot of good times minus Cory's problems and Your Dam H
Hugs & watch for some mail nest week
J
Daisy is in 6th grade?
My twins are to.
I never figured that out tell now.
:)
Post a Comment