Friday, October 17, 2008

Still Playing Around

I am still playing around with stuff for my blog. I wanted a new avatar, and I still love those "Simpson's" caricatures. I had my old one:

but, I didn't really feel like it was me. It was an OK effort, but not quite right. So, I went to Simpsonize myself by using an actual picture of me, but I had trouble saving the file. It was saving without any apparent file extension. I added a .jpg to the file, but while I could view it, I couldn't open it. So, I went back to the original website that I made the first avatar from, and made an approximation:


I like this one, and it is a fair representation. But, I really really really wanted the avatar that was derived from my actual picture. And, I finally figured out how to do it. Since I could view the file in windows viewer, I tried saving a copy from that screen giving it the correct file extension info. And....IT WORKED!!! :


and the full size picture:

This one is pretty accurate. Well, accurate in The Simpson's sense.

Edit: I decided to do the whole family again. It took some work, getting all of their pics up. And the saddest part is that I had to text Cory to find out what the Hell he looks like right now. (That is pathetic!!! I know what he looks like, but what he would wear, length of hair, scruff or no scruff. Damn, I miss my son!) And this is the Simpson-Cooper Clan:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG- too cute Dena!!

janna said...

how cool I am going to have to try and do that...

I love the Simpson's