Thursday, October 23, 2008

We Won!!!!

Had an awesome soccer game last night!!!! WE WON!!! Wooohoooo! We are now 2-1-3. We play the same team every time, and as you can tell by the number of tied games, we divided the kids up a little too evenly....

Our loss was on Monday. A kid who hadn't been showing up started to come. He is on the other team and he is GOOOOOD. So, last night before our game, I took all of my team out on the field for a little private instruction. They were to STOP that kid. Watch him like a hawk, put the pressure on, and DO NO let him have the ball.

They did it. Stopped him cold!!! BWAH HA HA!!!!

(yes, I am a little competitive)

The winning goal was scored by my cousin. Willy was my stopper and stopped the ball each time the good kid tried to get past him. ALL of my team was on their "A" game last night.

Winning is AWESOME!

But in fairness, it was a 1-0 win and the other team was also on their "A" game. It was a close game, and it was a freaking great game to watch. It is always fun when you have two well matched teams playing great ball.

If, and that is a big if, these guys want to play soccer instead of basketball when they get in high school....I will offer to coach. They are all amazing players and I think they would do well in high school play. I have about 3 years to prepare and plan. I hope it's enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo - good for you all! victory is SWEET!! lol

janna said...

How exciting!