A Day in Lordsburg
When I suggested to Barry, that we go to Lordsburg to get gas (1.91 a gallon!!) and some groceries, I was forced to hold back my chuckle. He was all for going, and just a little annoyed that we couldn't spend a few hours exploring the town due to having to return for a goat feeding. You see, I chuckled because.....
There is nothing to do in Lordsburg.
I had told him many times that there was nothing there. He just didn't seem to believe me.
We got there and went to Western Auto. That was actually a good thing because he found a locking gas cap for his '65 Mercury station wagon that is so old no one carries it anymore. Judging by the dust on the package, it had been there since the store opened in the early '70's. On to find other car parts....no luck. He had to order them.
Next, to the Flying J truck stop for lunch. The lo-cal fare was underwhelming and way too expensive for the quality and quantity of food.
By now, Barry was noticing that there wasn't much to Lordsburg.
We went to Family Dollar for some necessities. Then to the Mexican grocery store. That was OK. I am optimistic about the tortillas we got, and I found premixed masa for the tamales I want to make for Christmas.
And then.....home. That was it. That was the big day. I warned him.
Next, I will take him to Silver City. There are things to do there, so he won't be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment