Veterans and Goats
We went to the Veteran's Day Parade today. That was a lot of fun. There weren't a lot of people there. Either in the parade or watching. But, it was nice to get out and support the vets. Barry's friend George led the Riderless Horse.
Many people don't know about the tradition of the Riderless Horse. I learned about it while watching old footage from JFK's funeral procession. I thought it was a nice touch for the parade this year.
Afterward, we came home and tended to our herd. They are doing SO well now. Flopsy has become the spunky one, and Spunky has mellowed out! But they are healthy and seem to be responding well to plain old whole cow's milk from the store.
Aren't they sweet?
I got some video on my camera of Flopsy gamboling through my yard:
I love my goats!
2 comments:
what cute little baby goats
they are ADORABLE!!
Post a Comment