Saturday, December 06, 2008

Trying to be Positive

I'm really trying to be positive. To have faith. To hope for the best. But, it's hard. Things are looking grim up at the mine. And when you consider that Barry took this job because there was nothing in his chosen field of Real Estate Appraising, we have no fall back position. This was the fall back position.

It looks like there will be another round of layoffs. Everyone in my family survived the last cut. This time, it looks like we are in jeopardy. Copper prices keep dropping. As soon as they start to go up, the company makes an announcement about cut-backs and reduction in production and the price starts dropping again.

I looked in the want ads. There is no work for appraisers. Of course, there is plenty of work for collectors. They always need collectors in a down economy. I am an experienced collector. And I HATE it with a passion.

Right now, more than usual anyway, I am kicking myself for not completing my degree. There is always a need for teachers too, and I LOVE teaching with a passion. I have to go back. Next Fall, I will. Molly will be old enough for Head Start. I am going to do it. I need the security that having my degree provides. It's not even a question of want anymore....it's desperate need.

Ok, the positives:

today....dh is employed.
today....we have ample food to eat.
today....we have shelter.
today....we are a family.
today....we are blessed.

I need to remember these things and keep reminding myself.

3 comments:

janna said...

OH, I understand this~

I applied for another, full time, with insurance, lunch lady potion.
It closes on Friday.

Keep your head up! Love ya!

Lanise said...

Our prayers are with your family. I hope everything goes well.

Anonymous said...

Our Canadian economy is heading south real fast too - the whole world is going to ^$^%^......sad - but very true. Hang in there!