Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What's a Girl to Do?

The appraisals are coming in fast and furious. Which is good. That means we can pay bills, and have a place to live and eat and all of that. But.........it leaves me very little time for some of the things dear to my heart. My kids, SBB, scrapping. So I could wish for the work to let up, but then we wouldn't have money. And the money is nice, but I need a break. It would be nice if I could find a middle ground. So far I haven't been able to. I try knocking off early. It helps, but not enough. Weekends help. I think I may go back to doing Yoga in the AM.

On the plus side, I am doing well with my eating plan. I have cut out sweets. I am taking baby steps until I can get a handle on my overeating. So...no sweets, and no fried food, and no fatty food. But I still eat like a normal person. Just healthier. And it is going well. I have lost 2 lbs. That may not seem like much, but I know from experience. Slow and steady wins the race. So I will be a turtle, but I will be a healthy turtle.

Em is sick today. Burning up with fever. Will was sick Monday. I wonder who will be next?

2 comments:

janna said...

Hi Dena,
You go girl! Keep up the GOOD eating!
I hope Emily is feeling better and NO one else gets sick!
Janna

TheCatLord said...

sorry your family has been sick. great job on losing 2lbs!! you are right- slow and steady!