Disjointed Murmurs Take 2
I should 'splain.....These are not window units I am talking about! We have dual central air...one handles the upstairs...one handles the downstairs. These are 2 1/2 ton units. Each. When the upstairs unit went down 2 years ago, we used temporary measures to fix the problem on the assumption that we would get the big unit fixed. We made sure to have fans everywhere. We got the biggest window unit you can get for the master bedroom (which has a huge vaulted ceiling and takes FOREVER to cool.) But we HAVE to have 2 units because we A. have a 2300 square foot 2 story house. and B. Live in the FREAKING DESERT!!! To paraphrase Sam Kinnison
But...summer #1 was the year that Daisy had all of her dental work done. 6-7 root canals..(I can't remember exactly) and and equal number of fillings. Then Emily had 6 cavities filled. And we had no dental insurance. My new unit and mini-van went into the girls mouths.
Summer #2. I was on jury duty, and it really REALLY put a whammie on our finances. Dh couldn't watch the kids, and do all of the work. While I spent May until October in a courtroom. It was a capital murder case. In the end I was drawn as an alternate or it would have been another month or so! So, no air last summer.
And now Summer #3. And we have decided that if all goes well. WE WILL have that unit replaced. Especially since the window unit in our room is dying a slow noisy wakes me up all night rattling death. Either that, or I divorce Barry and find a nice lonely Eskimo who loves children.
But I guess I shouldn't complain. It is a dry heat after all! LOL And for all of you who think this makes a difference. Let me interject here...a dry heat at the 120 degree temps we have been reaching in the summers for several years...is still damned HOT!!
Can you tell that in the time since my last diatribe I have gotten even more irritable from the blasting heat furnace that is my house????
No comments:
Post a Comment