Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's the Little Things

Well, I apologize for my rant of last night. I have cooled off now, both literally and figuratively. Barry got clever last night and checked the a/c filters. Yup. Clogged with dust. So while I know it will be hot again today...with the filters clean and everything running efficiently..it won't be quite as hot. Clean filters...little problem, easy fix, big difference.

I looked at Vegas hotels again yesterday. And the cheapest one so far is still Circus Circus. Even Motel 6 rates are higher than the big pink and purple monstrosity! I REALLY wanted a 2 story 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen and living room from Marriott. But Barry said that for $179 a night...NO!!! Oh well, he's probably right. I may pay the extra $10 at Circus Circus to be somewhere away from the BIG PURPLE LIT UP DOME. I swear....I didn't sleep a wink overlooking that thing last time we were there!!! But, I actually kinda like Circus Circus. It's got so much for the kids to do..I never hear the dreaded. "I'm bored" I love going to the claw and getting stuffed animals. There are signs all over, 1 per person, which I completely ignore. I had my station wagon filled with stuffies last visit.

I want to show the kids where I went for 7th grade. William E. Orr Junior High. I was used to small middle schools in AZ. I got to Orr, where 7-9th grades are Junior high with high school being 10-12. What a RUDE awakening!!! It's way more like high school, and I was unprepared. As a matter of fact, I had just come from Duncan, my home town, with 39 people in my grade. I was LOST and TERRIFIED!

I was telling Zee the other night about my adventures at the Boulevard Mall. We had to walk thru the mall to get home after school. I lived in a ratty apartment complex nearby. The mall was in-between. We would pass by Hickory Farms where I got my first taste of Brie (it was 1981 after all). I was not impressed. Then next to Hallmark where I...yes...I stole. I had a huge collection of Hello Kitty things and those rectangular combs with the sayings on them. What and idiot I was!!! I didn't even like Hello Kitty!

Also while in Vegas...I got to go to meet the crew of the first space shuttle. They were in one of the casino parking lots and students from all over the city came to hear them speak. That was cool. I was not in Vegas for the MGM fire (still staying with Dad during that) but I was there for the Hilton fire. I walked to join the crowd of watchers. It was really scary. People were on balconies and we were just praying they wouldn't jump. They didn't.

I have work to do. And my ritalin just kicked in, so I guess I will get to it!

2 comments:

janna said...

ritalin.......... It is the wonder pill for my Desiree.

I need one.... or a pill to kick my butt and get cleaning.

Vegas trip sound fun!

I will send you a $1 for a slot machine.... The .25 ones

janna said...

Naughty naughty
HELLO KITTY!!!

FYI- the beach LO is in OREGON!
(on my blog)