Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A HA!

Did you ever have an A HA moment? I was reading about the Duggar family on their website. They are a family of 17. YES 17!!! I went to their FAQ's and read how they do their laundry

Laundry- Hanging clothes are kept in the ‘family closet’, a room converted into closet space just off from the laundry room. Socks, underclothes, etc. are sorted into clothes bins on top of the dryers (large square plastic dishpans) that are labeled with each family member’s name. When laundry comes out of the dryer it can quickly be put in the clothes bins or family closet. No more shuffling clean clothes from one end of the house to the other. (They never seemed to make it to the dressers or closets, & frequently clean clothes ended up back in the dirty basket!) When we need clothes, we simply go to the family closet. Seasonal clothes are boxed or hung in ‘off limit’ closets. Also, laundry is made easier when we wear matching colors (Mon- red, Tues- blue, etc …We call it our ‘homeschool uniforms’. We feel unified & more serious about school, like a team!) We keep socks simple, too. The girls wear white & the boys wear black.


OH MY GOSH!!! This could actually work!!! I am actually excited by this!! Our laundry room is big enough to do this!!! Except for the color coding. That won't work with us. But the family closet and bins!!! WOW!!. I could even convert my huge walk-in closet to craft space or a reading room with PRIVACY and a lock!!

And in that vein...I am still progressing on the laundry. I went about 4 days doing none. But I already caught back up and am making slow but steady progress on Mount Washmore. Barry loves me again because he never has to look for clothes. :)

And if you are interested in reading more about this family:
Duggars

2 comments:

janna said...

LOL! I have mt Everst at my house... I will email you a picture...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I love to see large family websites. :)

The laundry idea is fabulous! Hope you can work it out.

love, me <><