Allergies & Moments
My allergies are acting up again. I just left church early because my eyes and throat are swelling. This is not hayfever. This is how I react when I take meds I am allergic to or have been stung by a venomous insect. Not sure what is causing this, but I hope its not ibuprofen. I was warned by my doc that since I am horribly allergic to naprosyn, eventually I may begin reacting to ibuprofen. I would just die without my advil liqui-gels. They are so good at cutting pain and cutting it FAST. Even my migraines, which never responded to anything, will go away if I take advil when I get my "30 minute warning aura". Advil is as necessary to me as air and water.
So I was working on some elements for a kit the other night, and Barry-(aka Mr. Scrapbooking is Evil) decided to help. He was running all over the house to find little things for me to scan. And he was ooooohing and ahhhhhing over what I was doing. He said he finally gets it. It's not just the creative process (which he is getting into now, seeing what miracles can be wrought with the computer) that I value. It's also the end result. That result being: memories preserved. He talked about how there were things in his childhood that he would love to have seen preserved. For example, when he lived in Maine, they had a huge warm solarium. And since there were so many kids, each having some type of Fisher Price Little People set, he was able to build an entire town to play with. But no one thought to capture this on camera. All of his childhood pictures show stiffly posed children, He sees now what I am trying to do. I want my children to remember, and their children, and so on, to see what it was like to be a part of this family during this time. Barry has helped by taking pictures for me when he does things with the kids, but now he understands that it is about more than events....it is moments. Everyday, this is my life moments.
That said, I think he would still appreciate me spending less time saving moments, and more time cleaning.
4 comments:
HOW great that Barry SORTA understands. Bob's parents never really took snapshots of there kids too. I really bugs me, I grew up with a camera happy dad, He loved to take tons of pictures and even 8mm movies. (BEFORE the vhs days) As kids we loved it!
I guess I should be writing this on my blog.....
Did the swelling go away? drink liquid (SP) Benadryl asap....
I am deathly alergic to PNC & ASPRIN. THEY both close my throat and puff up my face....
HUGS
& go take a nap!
Barry is now becoming "Mr. Scrapbooking Is Not Soooo Evil" LOL...training an "alien" (non-creative people) is never easy Dena but your hard work is paying off! ;)
Hopefully you are feeling betetr and it's not the Ibufrofen, I would die without Motrin......the only thing that can get a handle on my migraines if I catch them before the pain begins is Excedrin mixed with Starbucks (or Pepsi) and then a tad of chocolate......now wonder I need a diet.
I hope you get those allergies cleared up! That's the worst. Yuck.
Yeah for DH lightbulb moments!! That's fantastic!
love, me <><
I'm so pleased to hear that Mr. "Scrapbooking is Evil" is starting to get it Reb! You know, as much as I poke fun at my own dearly beloved, one of the things I cherish the most about him is that he not only gets it...he's proud of me and shows it by doing things like taking my albums to work and showing other people. You've just gotta love the big goofs don't you? BTW, before the dreaded hive incident this winter I wouldn't have understood...but now you have my complete sympathy about the allergy thing. Hug...love ya Reb!
Post a Comment