Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Derailed!!!

I had big plans to wake up today and continue my cleaning spree. But awaiting me on my desk when I came downstairs.....5...yes 5! income appraisals. Which is twice the work of a standard appraisal. Now I don't feel like cleaning. My cleaning mood has been derailed.

It's almost time for Cory to come home. But, when he comes home...he won't be home. He has lined up time with the new girlfriend, a concert in Tucson, high school orientation, and a Scout trip to the Grand Canyon..all in the first week after his return. Seems my family time has been derailed.

I am still doing well with my drinking healthy. No caffeine and no nutrasweet in over a week. But my eating habits still need some work. I am eating more than ever...and I never dreamed that was possible! So my diet has been derailed.

But in spite of being stuck here "off the tracks". I have been feeling awfully darned happy lately. I am trying very hard to count my blessings. And there seem to be a lot of them. Lets see... I have a wonderful family, and a great dh. I have a big house, with room for all. I obviously have ample food, since I have been eating like a farm animal LOL! Our financial situation is better than it has been in years. I have great friends irl and online. I get to do tons of scrapbooking :) I have 4 great pets who are always willing to give me a cuddle. I love working with the 5 year olds at church. I am reasonably healthy, all things considered. The monsoon isn't bringing much rain, but it has cooled off in the evenings. I have a new camera. And with a little luck, we will get our refinance loan on the house. Which will hopefully provide 2 new AC units, home renovation, and a new van.

Yep...I may be stuck here on the tracks, but it ain't such a bad place to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have so many blessings in your life D! TFS! Great post!