Saturday, July 30, 2005

In Stock

I went to Walmart last night. As I cruised the soft drink aisle, I noted that there was a full supply of Diet Dr Pepper in the 16oz 6-pack of bottles. My old friend!! Now, I felt no desire to buy any. But just the fact that there was a full supply cracked me up. Em was laughing too. It was too funny!

Not laughing yet? Well, let me 'splain. When I was drinking a 6-pack a day, Walmart was constantly out of my product. I would have to wait until they were in, then buy as many 6-packs as I could. Sometimes I was even forced to feed my addiction with the $1.19 20oz bottles at the checkout. I complained to management. I complained to the stocker when he was onsite. But.....no one ever bothered to take my advice and remove one row of the regular Dr Pepper, replacing it with an extra row of Diet! And it really was a good idea. There was always more than enough regular Dr Pepper to give up one row!

Of course, now I'm glad they didn't. Because apparently with me no longer leading the rush on Diet Dr Pepper, extra stock is no longer required. I had NEVER seen that section completely full. There were always at least 2 6-packs gone before I got to it and began my hoarding. It was a rare and beautiful sight that brought a tear to my eye.....a tear of laughter that is.

Now....If I can just get them to stock bottle six-packs of Diet 7-Up with Splenda!

No comments: