Thursday, July 28, 2005

Woman, Finder of Lost Things!

I was trying to carry on a conversation tonight with Zee, only to be interrupted by the persistent cry of my husband, in search of his keys. Why? Why do men have a complete inability to A. remember where they put something down. & B. find missing items? How did the male of the species survive? Imagine Grog the caveman misplacing his spear. Did he call upon Gurka, beloved cavewife to find said missing spear. Or did he exercise due diligence in searching on his own? The excuse used most frequently is

Well, there is too much clutter for me to find things when I have laid them down
What? The clutter magically disappears when I begin the hunt? Or another favorite
someone moved my things
I think it must be a conspiracy to drive men/dh crazy. We deliberately walk around and move their stuff...just to mess with them. That must be it!!! Men...sheesh!

I haven't been able to leave as many comments in the SBB gallery as I would like lately. My cleaning spree was only temporarily derailed. Today I busted my hynie cleaning out the former living room, turned home office, now living room again. I spent hours going through papers, filling trash bags, vacuuming the drapes and walls, and moving things. I have been so busy trying to get my home in order (and it NEEDS it!) that I have neglected leaving comments. I promise, I have something nice to say about everyone's work....and I will say it soon. My scrapping time has become even more important to me. It's my wind down, my stress relief valve. So I make a layout, then get back to work. My goal is to have Cory walk in to a nice organized house. Of course, I plan this every summer. This time though....I am going to accomplish it! I know I will, because I a DOING it!!! I know my simple joy at cleanliness may seem odd, but if you had seen my house..... My house looks like one of those on Clean House or Clean Sweep. Only worse. Seriously. But tonight, Barry commented that it looks better than the homes on those shows. PROGRESS!!!! YAAYYYY! I am chalking my newfound desire for order to my removing caffeine from my life. That and having Barry out of the house at a regular 9-5 job instead of me working with him in the house. Not the best way to go if you can avoid it. Working for your spouse, and working in your home, takes away all sense of marriage and home. It becomes something twisted and just not right. Well, in my case it did. And now that Barry is my husband and not my boss, we are enjoying each others company more. And now that my house is not my job/prison/hellhole :) I am enjoying making it a place of refuge again.

Just think of how excited I am going to be in 2 weeks when school starts and I don't have the kids fighting all day!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you D! I'M PROUD OF YOU! You know how much I hate to clean! YUCK!!!! Keep us posted on your progress, and go look for B's keys! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Funny. I'm all caught up on your blog (been non-reading and non-praise-giving myself this week) and I'm exhausted for doing so, lol. Where are you getting this energy?!?

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm so impressed! You're, like, Wonder Woman!!

love, me <><

ZeeLV said...

"Like" Wonder Woman??? You ARE Wonder Woman! Hmm...am I seeing a red bustier, blue and white starred panties and some knee-high boots in your future Dena? LOL!!

Stacy said...

I have this theory that the uterus gives woman super-human finding abilities! LOL At least I tell myself that when I find my DH's missing doo-dad in under 30 seconds. Hope you keep up the clean house! I always make progress then side back into the mess.