Monday, July 11, 2005

In Transit

I found a charge on my bank account today for $21.88. Do you know what that means? It means that my copy of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is in transit. I am just goofy with excitement. Of course it cannot be delivered until Saturday, but they are sent out early in order to be delivered on the release day. Even though I have to wait...just knowing that my book is on it's way to me is exciting. Sometime on Saturday, I will walk away from my computer and go into hiding. I will not emerge until I have read it, cover to cover. I am giving serious consideration to getting someone to take my class on Sunday to ensure no break in the reading.

There is only one thing that is depressing about this. With the arrival of book 6, there will be only one book left until the series is ended. And I don't want it to end. I learned to read when I was 3 1/2 (seriously) and I have never stopped reading. Over the years, I have read tens of thousands of books (seriously) and even that may be a conservative estimate. But I have not enjoyed any books as much as I have enjoyed all of the Harry Potter books. The kids laugh because these are kids books....but they are so much more!

I re-read HP4 & HP5 in preparation for this. I think I will read HP2 also because JK Rowling has stated that 2 is very important in the plot of 6. Emily has also just finished 4&5. But she will have to wait her turn for 6 LOL!

So next Saturday, If you don't hear from me for awhile, don't worry. I have just taken a trip to Hogwarts. (which is in Scotland BTW. Did you know that?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I can feel your excitement quivering through the cables on this ole computer of mine! haha It's so great to see someone else get soooo excited about something! hahaha Learned to read and 3 1/2! Holy cow! No wonder you are so much smarter than me! I was still being a droolin' little puppy at that age! hahahahahaha

janna said...

Have a fun weekend reading!

Is your air conditioner fixed upstairs?

Anonymous said...

Woooohoooo! I can't wait either, but I didn't preorder so you'll get to Scotland afore me!

Anonymous said...

I really need to read these. If people can be this hardcore, there's gotta be something good. :)

love, me <><

Anonymous said...

OK, I came late to the Harry Potter Party and have never read any of the books yet...ha's right, yet. After seeing the 1st movie when it hit Pay-Per-View I could't get over how good the movie was and we all know how everone always says the movie is never as good as the book.....I was blown away!

So, I had figured that I would start reading the book but am so wrapped up in the excitement of the latest title release and dying to read these books that it occured to me to start there and work backwards.......bad move or no???

~Jayne :)

ZeeLV said...

Okay, what the HECK?!? I just got an email from Walmart.com saying that the "new release date" is now July 20th. I wonder if this is just an evil Walmart thing?? AARRRGHHHHHH! When will I learn?