Wednesday, July 20, 2005

OOZE

Do you post every layout you make? I used to post everything. And I make a LOT of pages. Lately though, I find myself posting most, but not all. I'm not sure why either. Some of them are just simple little pages (like this one using Dawn's white space freebies). But I guess I'm kinda feeling like most of my pages look the same. And why post each page if they all look exactly alike. So, lately, I have been trying to do some different things. I have done more blending lately. I have been trying simpler layouts. And in the other extreme, I have done more collage style layouts (with Maya's AWESOME Frank and Alice kits) But mostly, I'm just not feeling creative.

Why though? Why this sudden loss of creativity when last week I felt like I was oozing creativity. One thought is that with my sudden lack of caffeine, I am just feeling sluggish. Cory has assured me that soon enough my "natural energy" will return. (When did my son become a health guru?) The headaches really haven't been a problem, And my weaning lasted only 2 days, I have had no Diet DP since then. And yes, thank you very much, I am quite proud! LOL! The only soda is a glass of Diet 7-UP with Splenda at dinnertime. Not bad huh?

2nd thought...maybe I am in a funk because I am sick of summer. Sick of my kids driving me nuts, sick of the heat, sick of Cory being gone. I get into funks way too easily. Either I am mental, or I am an extremely sensitive soul. I choose to believe the latter.

3rd though...I am going through the grieving process. I didn't think it was possible to grieve about a character in a book. But I have caught myself going through all of the steps. And when you think about it. I have spent more time with this character in the last several years, than I have with my own Father! (who lives far away from me, but whom I have still seen more lately than I had in years. I'm not a bad daughter LOL) But when you spend hours in a book, and then another, and so on. And then you reread them over and over as I do. The characters in the book become almost like real people whom I care about. And seeing the movies just blurs the line even more, because then you have a face and a voice to attach to the character.

Wow.....That really sounded psycho. I hope you get what I mean. I may be a little obsessed, but I ain't crazy! (I hope)

So I decided to do several easy layouts and post them. Whether I like them or not. To try and get the ooze going!

5 comments:

janna said...

Hi Dena,
I am so proud of you kiciking the DR Pepper. I need to do the same!
I do not post every LO I make. & as a matter of fact I sometimes hate my LO's.... I just post a LO to see what feedback I get. dumb huh!

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

TheCatLord said...

lol! i post almost everylayout i make, then i find out if they suck or not!
i just saw your wooden train kit! i must get my hands on that kit! i just took pics of deacon playing with that very set!
hoping your creativty and natural energy are revived soon!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I post every layout that I create. I wish I could say that I'm so prolific that I have to pick and choose, but it would be a lie. :)

Um, btw, TOTAL subject change, but are you coming to PA or what?! You said you were going to work on your DH and I *told* you to throw the jail card up in his face... so what happened?? I WANT TO SEE YOU, DANGIT!

love, me <><

Anonymous said...

1. I don't post every LO I do, most, but not all.

2. More than likely your *summer funk* is a combo of the summer heat, the kids driving you nuts, your mourning over Potter and your switching off the Dr. P.

3. I am feelin' ya on the connection with the Potter people....I have the same thing only it's not Potter, it's a cartoon, Get Fuzzy, Kris and I discuss the strip everyday and sometimes I think if anyone overheard us they would think we are talking about people or pets that we know....I know, it sounds weird but those little dog and cat drawings are a part of my daily life.

~jayne
PS - Dena, my blog is suffering a HotCodez malfunction...any tips?

Robin said...

Dena, I think I have post potter stress disorder too. I am still sad. I started re-reading book 4 too feel better. I created one paper and almost finished a LO today - but otherwise still dealing with creative block too.