Friday, July 22, 2005

Redemption

Well, I went to take a picture yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that. But each time, Barry had my camera at work. I understand he needs to use my camera at work. And because of car problems, my new camera fund has flown. But DANG! it's frustrating.

So, I looked online (after Janna's QVC tip), and see my options. I also saw that Walmart has a 3MP Olympus - the only brand I use - camera mighty cheap. (At this point I'll take 2MP's again, just to have a camera.) And I brought it up to Barry who said we can't afford it. Bummed out, I dropped it.
Then, as I was working on a layout around midnight last night, Barry came downstairs. He said:

As you aren't coming to bed anytime soon, I guess I will quit waiting for you to come upstairs and check under your pillow. I guess I will have to drop a broader hint to get you to come look

?????!!!! I ran upstairs as fast as my fat little feet would carry me!! Oh joy, he went ahead and got me the 3MP camera!!! But wait..no...it's 4MP!!!! DOUBLE what I had previously!!! I am sooooooo thrilled!!! And it has so many cool settings! And it's light and compact. (I love the big camera's with all the bells and whistles and a gazillion MP's but this is really more my speed LOL!)

And so, Barry has redeemed himself after the whole incarceration incident! I probably don't mention this enough, but I really love my husband. He can irp the heck out of me (what man doesn't from time to time) but he also goes out of his way to be sweet and romantic and playful. He gets a lot of joy out of doing things like this for me. I am awfully lucky to have him!

7 comments:

janna said...

Yahoo for Barry!!!!
& congrats on the new camera....

BTW- I am only dreaming.... I will never get the one I wish for!!!

I cannot wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

OH! That's so cute! What a sweet story. You so deserve that camera! Love the rose! Can't wait to see more of your photos!

ZeeLV said...

Oh, YAAAY! Congrats on the new toy!! What a sweetie you have there (as uncouth as he may be, LOL!)

Robin said...

So cool!!! You're a lucky lady!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How so-my-own-husband to be trying to get me to bed and I'd be clueless, lol! Great pic too!

Anonymous said...

Awww.... I'm so happy for you!!

love, me <><

Anonymous said...

Yay for you on the camera and Barry's self-redemption!!!! LOL :)

Now, if you could only wrangle a ticket to the convention you would really be rockin'! ;)

~jayne :)