Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time Served

Yes, Barry was sentenced to Time Served. And when and if Yuma gets around to forwarding the $545 bond to Mesa, we will get that money refunded.

THANK GOODNESS!!!

I watched National Treasure on PPV last night. What a great family movie! Yes, I know there are glaring historical inaccuracies. And yes I know the story is implausible. But it was fun for the family to watch. And I mean FAMILY. Sometimes I get a little annoyed with the drivel that is marketed to children. Disney and Dreamworks do a good job at making family fare that includes adult level humor. But too many family movies are just sickeningly sweet and nauseating. National Treasure is a great movie to watch with the kids. Well, maybe not toddlers. But my 6 year old was fine with some of the VERY MILDLY scary parts.

Em wants to make a kit to share. We took pictures of a bowl of Dum-Dums to use as a background. She has pestered me for months to let her make a kit. I think she is more interested in this aspect of design than she is in doing layouts. Guess I should start looking for a good school now LOL! At least if she goes this route and makes a career of it, she will be doing what she loves to do. How many people can say that? And Oprah has said, one of the secrets to success is to find a way to get paid for doing something you love to do.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find someone willing to pay me to sit on my keister and eat chocolate all day.

1 comment:

janna said...

Way to go Emily! I cannot wait to see the kit! It sounds really creative!

That goes double for me!!!