Uncouth, but not Uncomfortable
So Barry comes in the door at around 7pm, and lets me know that he has an appraisal for me to do. Tonight. It can't wait.
However, knowing that he had better do something to make it "worth my while" he offers to take me out to dinner. Ok. That works for me. Especially since I would have to do the appraisal regardless. So we head off for our local Chinese restaurant. But, on the way, I realize that I want some MEAT! I want steak! So we go to Outback Steakhouse.
Now, we don't go to Outback very often. There aren't many places to eat near my house. Just ten years ago when we moved here, it was all orange groves. But since Outback went in nearby, it has been packed with all of our neighbors who are grateful to not have to drive 20 minutes in traffic to eat out. But, it's Thursday night so, we get seated right away.
I should mention at this point, that the kids are along for this dinner. But as they are behaving themselves, I don't mind. I start to enjoy a blooming onion, while I drink my diet lemonade. Which seems to be emptying out very quickly. It was only after the waitress brought my 3rd mug that I found out Barry had been stealing mine, and replacing it with his empty mug while my back was turned. HaHaHa. Very clever.
I stuffed my face with a sirloin and garlic mashed potatoes. MAN! it was goooooood! No dessert...no room! Then as we get ready to leave, we have to wait for Barry to put his shoes back on! I asked him what he was thinking taking his shoes off in the restaurant. His feet were hot. I told him he was uncouth. And he fired back:
I may be uncouth, but I am not uncomfortable
This from the man who had never laughed at a toot until he met me. I must have gotten to him.
5 comments:
LOL Dena!
Glad you had a nice dinner! I love Outback! You've gotta love his honesty. It's a pretty good quote. Think it could be used on a scrapbook page! LOL! TFS!
LOL
We love outback... It is one of our regular place to go.
That's a classic!!!! LMAO
~jayne :)
MMMM Outback! Too funny! Almost as good as the time a friend dumped barbecue sauce on his head at Outback. Strange things can happen there!
*lol* You've corrupted him, Dena... and I like it!!
love, me <><
Post a Comment