If It Moves....Kick It!!
I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement. I know this funk will pass, it always does. I appreciate all of you more than you can imagine. Interpersonal relationships are hard for me due to my overwhelming shyness and S.A.D. So thanks for being the wonderful friends you are.
Pattie mentioned recently her feelings toward her online "family". We are close because we really get to know each other through our journaling and sharing feelings and sharing our creativity. I agree with her 100% and consider all of my online friends to be some of the closest I have had. I don't talk much on a one-on-one basis with everyone. And if you ever catch me on Hello or IM then you know I don't hang around long. But even though I am standing quietly in the corner and only occasionally interjecting a smart-ass comment, I still treasure all of you and the way you have shared of yourselves with me :)
That said....on to other things
My favorite thing about this time of year has begun! It's soccer season!!!! My kids didn't get to play last year because of my evening and Saturday job, but this year we are back in the game. It nearly killed me to miss soccer!! I love it more than the kids! I have coached, and been on the league board in the past, but this year I am just going to do the team-mom thing. All of my kids play on Saturdays this year, so each Saturday will find me at the field from sunup until way after dark. It's going to be so much fun!! The only dark spot is Cory. He used to be "Mr Soccer". He was being scouted, he was the BEST in his age group!!! And now, he doesn't like soccer anymore. He told me he has other interests!!! NO!!!! He cannot do this to me! I LOVE his games most of all, because he is soooooooooo good! I can't even sit still! I run up and down the field with him yelling and clapping. Coaches seem to find me amusing LOL! I was even considering scraping together the funds to get him into club soccer. And now....he isn't interested!
I recognize that I may be living vicariously through my son. I don't care! I enjoy being proud of my children's accomplishments. And I don't push them. If Cory decides after this year that he really doesn't want to play, I'll let him go.
Besides.....I have 3 other players, and Daisy is showing all of the signs of superstardom that her brother did! She is a tiny dynamo!
And you know what else this means......LOTS of soccer layouts. LOTS!!! Expect to be sick of them in no time LOL!
3 comments:
My kids are soccerring too, but I'm a wreck about them playing in this high heat. On every break, I douse them with water. I don't care if people think I'm paranoid. I don't do heat strokes! LOL! I can't imagine how hot it is where you guys are! I hope you have a great season!
Did you get your new van yet??
I cannot wait to see the soccer pictures of your kids and you the AZ soccer mom!
So glad you've got soccer to look forward to now! And don't forget the new Harry Potter movie!
Post a Comment